Juicy chicken breasts in tomato sauce is an easy, delicious dinner recipe that will be ready in 20 minutes.
Full recipe with amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Chicken. I used chicken breasts but chicken thighs can also be used.
- Passata/Crushed tomatoes.
- Parmesan cheese.
- Salt and pepper.
- Basil, to serve.
How to make creamy chicken in tomato sauce
- Season the chicken: Place chicken breasts on a chopping board in front of you and with a sharp knife, carefully slice each in half resulting in two thin fillets. Drizzle with olive oil and season generously with salt, pepper and paprika on both sides.
- Cook the chicken: Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Make the tomato sauce: In the same pan, fry the onion, garlic and oregano in a splash of olive oil until soft and fragrant. Pour in the passata/tomatoes and cream. Season with salt and pepper and allow to simmer gently for 5 minutes. Add the Parmesan and stir in. Add the chicken back to the pan along with any resting juices and allow to simmer for another minute or two.
- Serve: Top with basil and serve.
What to serve with chicken in tomato sauce
- Creamy Polenta
- Pasta of your choice.
20 minute chicken recipes
- Creamy Mushroom Parmesan Chicken
- Easy lemon chicken with creamy spinach orzo
- Chicken breasts with olive, tomato and caper dressing