This post is sponsored by Love Beets, but all opinions are my own.
Reading: how to cook easy stir fry beet
This maple ginger beet stir fry is easy to whip up and uses a lot of seasonal ingredients including beets. Quick, nutritious and flavorful, this recipe won’t disappoint.
Why you should Love Beets
Beets are pretty incredible and their color isn’t just for show. If anything, that gorgeous red hue is a sign of a great host of different antioxidants and phytonutrients. And these are just a few of the great nutrient benefits you can find in beets. Here are just a few significant one’s that might be worth knowing:
- Potassium: A nutrient that helps to balance out sodium in our system.
- Nitrates: When consumed they are converted to nitric oxide, a nutrient that acts like a vasodilator, which relaxes blood vessels.
- Folate: Helpful during pregnancy, infancy and adolescence.
- Iron: Helps with the storage and use of oxygen.
Make getting your beets in easy
As great as the nutrient list above may sound, there are a few challenges to consuming beets. To be honest, they can be a mess to cook and take time to prepare. For me, it’s not always an easy choice to decide on beets because of these limiting factors. So the fact that products like Love Beets exists helps to simplify the cooking process. Love Beets provide conveniently cooked and already peeled beets that can be used right away in all kinds of recipes like smoothies, wraps and sandwiches as well as this yummy stir fry. They also leave less of a mess when prepping, which I appreciate. I’ve been a big fan of these beets and had mentioned them before with my Shop Like a Vegan Pro Grocery List Guide.
How to make maple ginger beet stir fry
- In a pan over medium heat, add onions and mushrooms and sauté.
- Add in broccoli florets and carrots to pan and lightly steam.
- Pour in olive oil and then stir in garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Add in chickpeas and cubed beets and sauté to warm through.
- Stir in tamari, maple syrup and five spice and sauté until all liquids are absorbed.
- Adjust seasonings to taste and then serve with some starch as desired.
Tips for making this maple ginger beet stir fry
- Save time by using pre-prepped vegetables. Products like Love Beets saves an extra step of prep. Just chop and throw into your stir fry. You can also use other pre-cut veggies or jars of minced garlic to minimize extra prep and get dinner on the table faster.
- Chop vegetables to similar size pieces. This step leads to evenly cooked vegetables throughout your dish.
- Make sure to start with a preheated pan set to medium high heat. This will make sure that everything cooks evenly and quickly to retain as much color as possible throughout all of your vegetables.
- Lightly steam your broccoli and carrots. You don’t need to fully cook them, but this step helps to make them the perfect texture that you would normally find if you were ordering a stir fry out.
More Quick Weeknight Meal Ideas
- Dump and Bake Coconut Tofu
- Sesame Orange Chickpeas
- Mango Coconut Chickpea Curry
- Sweet and Sour Chickpeas
Thanks to Love Beets for sponsoring this post! I love working with brands whose products I really love and would honestly recommend. Thank you for your support!
Did You Try This Recipe? Then let me know what you thought! Share your creations by tagging me on Instagram with the hashtag #plantbasedrdeats