Garlic Butter Shrimp are (you guessed it!) garlicky, buttery and oh so delicious – and best of all, they need just about 15 minutes start to finish!
Serve these juicy shrimp as a quick main dish, over pasta, with rice or even put out as a quick snack for guests to enjoy!
Reading: how to cook shrimp in butter sauce
Why We Love This Recipe
Perfect in tacos or scooped over a bed of greens, or served with rice pilaf, this one-pan recipe is so easy to prepare!
These are great served as a main dish, along side a juicy steak for a surf and turf or even as an appetizer.
For a creamy garlic butter sauce that’s great over pasta, just add a little heavy whipping cream to the butter sauce mixture.
Or add a little heat by tossing in some red pepper flakes to the sauce. Easy peasy!
How To Cook Garlic Butter Shrimp
Cooking on the stovetop is the quickest and easiest way to enjoy this recipe! Be sure to prepare all of your ingredients before you start cooking as this recipe comes together FAST!
I spend less than 10 minutes zesting/juicing the lemon, measuring the ingredients and it only takes about 5 minutes to cook!
- Season shrimp (per recipe below) and measure out ingredients (butter etc).
- Heat oil in a skillet and cook shrimp for 1 minute.
- Flip over, add garlic butter mixture and cook 3-4 minutes more or until shrimp are cooked through.
Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Garlic butter shrimp can be baked in the oven at 350°F for 20 minutes or grilled over a medium flame on skewers or in a slotted pan.
Such a versatile recipe as this means almost anything can be added to it! Ensure your veggies are pre-cooked, roasted or steamed as this recipe comes together quickly and the vegetables won’t have enough time to cook though! Here is a list of great add-ins:
- Roasted zucchini, squash, or red bell peppers
- Snow peas, broccoli or cauliflower florets
- Sundried or diced tomatoes
- Sliced black olives, green onions, or artichoke hearts
What To Serve With Garlic Butter Shrimp
This easy shrimp recipe goes with anything! Serve with garlic butter kale rice, roasted cherry tomato pasta, or a bed of zoodles!
Every great entrée needs a great bread, right? Especially when serving this yummy garlic butter sauce! Serve with a slice of homemade french bread or cheesy garlic breadsticks to soak up every last drop.
The best way to store leftover garlic butter shrimp is to keep it in a sealed container in the refrigerator for about two days.
To reheat, simply pop it in the microwave!
Yummy Shrimp Recipes
- Bang Bang Shrimp – perfectly creamy & spicy
- Garlic Butter Sheet Pan Shrimp – easy one-pan meal!
- Lemon Pepper Shrimp – ready in under 10 mins
- Sriracha Grilled Shrimp – grilled to juicy perfection
- Coconut Shrimp – lots of texture and tropical flavors!
- Shrimp Etouffee – perfect amount of heat
- 15 Minute Sauteed Shrimp – appetizer or side dish
How did you serve this Garlic Butter Shrimp? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!