Crisp, crunchy, bright green, and oh-so-yummy, snap peas are jam-packed with flavor and super fast to make!
Sugar snap peas are perfect from the farmers market but they’re a great choice to buy at the grocery all year long too! They’re fresh and crisp great cooked or raw!
Sugar Snap Peas vs. Snow Peas
We love to eat sugar snap peas as a snack right out of the garden but they’re great in stir-fry recipes or even salads.
Snap peas should not be confused with snow peas!
Snow pea pods are flatter and snap pea pods are more rounded. Snap peas are definitely juicer with larger peas inside and they’re a bit sweeter.
You can eat the entire pod (and peas) of both varieties and either variety can be used interchangeably in most recipes.
How to Cook Snap Peas
The bold flavors of garlic & ginger are mixed with soy sauce and sesame seeds to create the sauce for this dish!
- Saute garlic and ginger in olive oil (per recipe below).
- Add snap peas and soy sauce. Cook until tender (about 5 min).
- Add in sesame oil, garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
Also read: how to stir fry fish fillet | Family Cuisine
Additions: Add in some chopped canned water chestnuts, toasted crushed peanuts, or a dash of red pepper flakes!
This easy recipe has some bold flavors and it pairs well with simple dishes like baked chicken breasts or grilled salmon. We love to serve them with a side of white or brown rice too.
Easy Veggie Sides
- Garlic Butter Swiss Chard – 10-minute cook time
- Sesame Air Fryer Green Beans – so easy to prep
- Easy Baked Zucchini – yummy appetizer
- Roasted Kohlrabi – with garlic & parm
- Quick Broccoli – with cheese sauce
- Sauteed Green Beans – fresh & simple
- Roasted Snap Peas – so easy to make
Did you love these Sesame Garlic Snap Peas? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!