There’s nothing like a savory stir fry sauce to whip up an extra that adds flavor to all kinds of recipes!
There are lots of pre-made, bottled stir fry sauces on the market these days, but they are usually bland or packed with sugar and preservatives. Making your own stir fry sauce is so easy.
Why We Love this Recipe
This sauce is super versatile. Make it mildly simple or extra spicy by adding or omitting spices!
Read more: Fried Summer Squash | Family Cuisine
This recipe for stir fry sauce can go with anything like a veggie stir fry, over fish, chicken, or even a marinade for beef or pork.
Make an extra batch and keep it in the fridge to use for easy dinners throughout the week.
Ingredients & Variations
SAUCE Fresh herbs and seasonings like garlic, ginger, white pepper, and brown sugar are mixed with chicken stock, soy sauce, and sesame oil for the perfect blend that’s just as good (if not better!) than a store-bought sauce or a marinade!
VARIATIONS Don’t be afraid to add a little extra ‘zing’ like cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes, or even a squirt of sriracha for added heat! A dash of honey will make stir fry sauce a little bit sweeter and help stick to veggies and meat!
How to Make Stir Fry Sauce
With this stir fry sauce, you are just two steps away from a deliciously flavorful meal!
- Combine all the ingredients in a jar (how about a mason jar?) and shake to mix.
- Keep in the refrigerator and use within two weeks.
Always add stir fry sauce at the end of cooking veggies or meat, stir in enough to coat and continue to cook a few minutes before serving.
Tips for Success
- Use fresh ginger and garlic if possible, the flavor is so much better.
- Add sriracha or chili flakes for a little bit of heat.
- The cornstarch will settle to the bottom. Shake the jar vigorously to mix it back in before using.
- For a thicker sauce, create a slurry. Combine equal parts of cornstarch and water and slowly add a little bit at a time to simmering sauce while whisking.
Stir-Fries We Love
- Easy Beef Stir Fry
- Shrimp Stir Fry
- Cashew Chicken Stir Fry
- Easy Pepper Chicken Stir Fry
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Easy Mongolian Beef
Did you make this Stir Fry Sauce? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!