Here are the hottest how to cooking hard boiled eggs in aroma rice cooker articles edited and compiled by familycuisine.net
Boil Eggs with the Aroma Rice Cooker 4 – 20 cup, product review and test.
The team at familycuisine.net test products that claims their item has a way to make a great boiled egg. The Aroma Rice Cooker pictures boiled eggs on their packaging. On Aroma’s website, the recipe for boiling eggs related to this particular Rice Cooker because it has a steamer.
If you would like to see the unboxing of the Aroma Wholemeal Rice Cooker 4 – 20 cup, click here.
The Aroma Rice Cooker 4 – 20 cup test questions:
Reading: how to use aroma rice cooker for hard boiled eggs
- Will Aroma Rice Cooker make boiled eggs as shown on the packaging?
- Is Aroma Rice Cooker easy to use?
- Is Aroma Rice Cooker the best way to make boiled eggs over other methods?
- Is Aroma Rice Cooker quick to use?
- What is the Aroma Rice Cooker product best used for?
Cooking and testing
Now on to cooking and testing the Aroma Rice Cooker 4 – 20 cup.
Following the instructions:
Place the bowl inside of the Aroma Rice Cooker
Place enough water in the measuring cup, to reach the first fill line.
Place the lid on the Aroma Rice Cooker
Bring to boil, about 13 minutes
Turn the Aroma Rice Cooker on.
Bring to a rolling boil. It took 13 minutes for the water to boil.
Place the steamer tray in the Aroma Rice Cooker, and the eggs inside the tray. Time the eggs to cook for 12 minutes in the steamer.
Note: The Aroma Rice Cooker does not have a timer.
For this product test, we only used two eggs, but you can use as many eggs as you like in a single layer. Cooking times may vary for a double layer of eggs.
Eggs do not move around in the steamer, unlike indirect boiling water. This makes for a better boiling experience for the egg and a less aggressive way of cooking eggs.
Because the water is rolling, the eggs do move around, unlike steaming eggs.
Prepare an ice bath. An ice bath is made up of icy cold water and ice cubes. Ice baths help the cooked eggs to cool quickly and peel better.
After 12 minutes, turn off the Aroma Rice Cooker, and remove the boiled eggs and place them into the ice bath for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes in the ice bath, remove the eggs. We peel the eggshell two ways.
Read more: Quick and Easy Boiled Shrimp Recipe | Family Cuisine
The first method we tried, is to use a regular dinner/butter knife, the blunt side and crack the eggshell around the middle and top of the boiled egg, which will allow the boiled egg shell to peel easily off the egg.
Crack the top of the eggshell as well because there is an air pocket at the top of the shell.
Peeling the boiled egg, in the ice bath allows the water will seep into the shell as you peel it and the shell will remove easily.
The moment we have been waiting for, did the Aroma Wholemeal Rice Cooker make the perfect boiled egg?
The result, a perfect hard-boiled egg steamed in the Aroma Wholemeal Rice Cooker, 6 – 20 cup. We are really happy with this result.
The egg white is soft and the yellow is creamy.
The second way to peel eggs. Roll the egg back and forth on the countertop to crush the shell. The center then the top and bottom of the egg.
In this case, we did not peel the egg in the ice bath, but could have. The shell comes off quite easily.
Two eggs steamed for 12 minutes. Two ways of peeling the eggs. The result, perfect hard boiled eggs, because they were steamed. Eggs peel better when they are steamed rather than boiled. Also because the eggs were steamed, they came out perfect. The egg white is creamy and the yolk velvety.
To answer the questions above:
- Will the Aroma Rice Cooker make boiled eggs as shown on the packaging? Yes, the eggs did come out perfect and it looks like the photo.
- Is the Aroma Rice Cooker easy to use? Yes, the Aroma Rice Cooker is quite easy to use. All you had to do was put the water and eggs in the pot and put the timer on, after 13 minutes the water boiled. Place the steamer in the pot, add eggs and cook for a further 12 minutes. There is no timer on the Aroma Rice Cooker, if you don’t use a timer, you can overcook the eggs. and end up with a grey ring around the outside of the yolk.
- Is the Aroma Rice Cooker the best way to make boiled eggs over other methods?This particular Aroma Rice Cooker steams not boils eggs, which is a better way of making hard boiled eggs. It is not the best way to make hard boiled eggs, in that you have to monitor the water is boiled and place the steamer in the Aroma Rice Cooker then set the timer. This method is not different from cooking on a stovetop with a pot and steamer. The only benefit is that the Aroma Rice Cooker is portability, so you can cook hard boiled eggs almost anywhere.
- Is Aroma Rice Cooker quick to use? The Aroma Rice Cooker is not a set and forget cooking tool. The total cooking time was 29 minutes, which included a 4 minute prep time, 13 minute time for the water to boil and 12 minute cooking time. For boiling eggs, it was not really any slower or quicker than other methods.
- What Aroma Rice Cooker this product best used for? For portability, and the ability to have freshly boiled eggs practically anywhere there is electricity and water, then the Aroma Rice Cooker is a perfect option. Alternatively, if you do not have a steamer for a pot, or a stove, the Aroma Rice Cooker is a very economical solution for giving you the perfect hard boiled egg.
Aroma Wholemeal Rice Cooker Unboxing
What attracted us to the Aroma Wholemeal Rice Cooker 4 – 20 Cup , promotes on its packaging that it makes the perfect hard boiled eggs as did the Aroma Rice Cooker 2 – 6 Cup. Below is the Aroma Rice Cooker unboxing video which demonstrates what is included with this cooker.
Also, if the Aroma Rice Cooker makes perfect hard boiled eggs, we just have to try it. Unfortunately, our box is a little beat up, however, this is well packaged and the product itself is in good working order.
The results are at the beginning of this page.
What is unique about the Aroma Rice Cooker 4 – 20 Cup? Firstly, this is a larger Rice Cooker than the first one we reviewed. This particular Aroma Rice Cooker, due to its size, claims to be a whole meal solution. The Aroma Rice Cooker 4 – 20 Cup also claims to be America’s Number One Rice Cooker Brand. The Aroma Wholemeal Rice Cooker 4 – 20 Cup both cooks and steams.
The packaging is bright and allows you to believe that Aroma Wholemeal Rice Cooker 6 -20 Cup is a simple and easy kitchen gadget to use.
Some of the features of the Aroma Wholemeal Rice Cooker 4 – 20 Cup, as promoted on the packaging are:
- Clear inner lid, Tempered glass lid allows you to view the food being cooked.
- Steam tray, steams simultaneously while the food cooks below
- Removable inner pot, Non-stick cooking prevents stuck on food mess
- Cool-Touch Handles, for easy handling and moving
- Steel body, white powder-coated steel for added durability
- One-Touch operation, cooks numerous dishes, with a simple press of a button
- Extra large size (pot) cooks up to 20 servings of rice – enough for everyone
- Includes serving spatula, rice measuring cup, steam tray and nonstick inner pot
- The non-stick inner pot and all accessories clean easily on the top rack of the dishwasher
The Aroma Rice Cooker is well packed in the decorative box. It is lightweight.
The inner lid of the packaging, show instructions and a little more product information.
Unpacking the Aroma Rice Cooker, the instructions are on the very top.
Read more: how to make boiled peanuts in instant pot | Family Cuisine
The Aroma Wholemeal Rice Cooker comes with a Glass Lid and a keep cool plastic handle. The steel rim helps to seel the lid on the cooking pot.
The steamer is the next item in the box
Measuring cup packed inside the box
The Aroma Rice Cooker also comes with a black inner cooking pot
The Aroma Rice Cooker external pot is a strong white metal unit, with plastic handles and it is lightweight.
All items now taken out of the packaging
Unpackaged and ready to use
Inside the Aroma Wholemeal Rice Cooker is a stainless steel plate, which is the heating plate.
The center is pressure sensitive. When the inner bowl is placed inside, the unit will turn on. A good safety feature.
The metal bowl sits on the heating plate, which pushes the button down when food is added.
There are marking levels on the bowl to assist you when measuring food or liquids.
Inner bowl placed inside of the Aroma Wholemeal Rice Cooker.
The Aroma Rice Cooker has a plastic spatula.
The steamer fist nicely on top.
To finish off the unboxing, we place the lid on top
The Aroma Rice Cooker has a power indicator light and a toggle switch to turn the unit on to start cooking.
Aroma Rice Cooker is easy to clean, and the water we used to boil eggs, heated up as within 13 minutes. Which is about the same as using a pot on the stove.
If you are looking for a small appliance to cook meals, the Aroma Wholemeal Rice Cooker may just be for you.
To purchase the Aroma Rice Cooker, Amazon is your easiest option, you can get it from Amazon through the shop now button below.
Read more: How to Cook Lentils | Family Cuisine