If you are a chicken lover then you must love crispy fried chicken dishes. There are many types of chicken recipes available all over the world. But today I am sharing about “Pressure cooker fried chicken“. You can make it in your kitchen so quickly, with a simple pressure cooker or instant pot. That is why it is also called ‘instant pot fried chicken’.
If you don’t have enough time to cook for a long, then you can make instant pot chicken by pressure cooker frying method. The most advantage of this method is that the chicken is cooked very quickly but very tasty to eat.
The advantage of cooking chicken in a pressure cooker or instant pot
When we cook or fry chicken in an open frying pan, sometimes it does not cook inside properly. But in the case of instant pot, it is cooked outside as well as inside properly within a short time. This is the main difference between usual deep-fried chicken and instant pot fried chicken. By this cooking method, the inner side of the chicken is made more mild and juicy and outside crispy.
Why do you choose this method?
By the usual method, you can make this recipe but it takes a very long time. But in this case, you can cook very quickly and perfectly. The inner portion, as well as the outer portion, cook very well at the same time.
Recipe Facts and nutritions
Level: EasyTotal Piece: 5/6 (500grms)Calories Per 100 grams – 170 KcalProtein – 55 gramsFat – 8 gramsVitamins – Vitamin-A, Vitamin-B complex, and Vitamin-D, Also contains folic acid, calcium, copper, and Manganese
- 600grams chicken drumstick
- 2cups All-purpose flour
- ½ cup cornflour
- ½tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1½ mix herbs
- ½tbsp Paprika
- ⅛tbsp food color
- 2eggs white
- 1tbsp ginger powder
- 1tbsp garlic powder
- 1tbsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp yogurt
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil
More fried chicken dishes
- Healthy Chicken Pakora Recipe
- Broasted Chicken Recipe
- Indian Chilli Chicken Recipe
- KFC Style Chicken Recipe (Copycat)
How to make healthy instant pot fried chicken-
Here is the easy making process of healthy pressure cooker fried chicken.
- Take 600 grams of chicken drumsticks or (6-7 pieces) and wash them well with water. Then drain off all excess water. You can take chicken thigh also.
- Take chicken pieces in a mixing bowl. Add spices (ginger garlic powder, pepper, and turmeric, salt, mix herbs, red chili powder, yogurt) on chicken and mix them well so that spices make a coating on all sides of these chicken pieces. Keep it in a refrigerator for 4 hours to marinate.
- Now take another two pots and one of the utensils used to beat egg, and in another add the cornflower and all-purpose flour. Mix cornflour and all-purpose flour very well. You may combine 1 tbsp black pepper and 1/2 tbsp paprika to it. You can add a pinch of food color with it.
- Take the chicken pieces, dip them first in beaten egg then coated with cornflour and all-purpose flour mixture. Remember, apply this process carefully so that a thick coating makes on all sides of the chicken pieces.
- You may repeat this process two times to thick the coating. Then shake it off and discard the excess dry powder.
Follow these cooking instructions to make fried chicken by pressure fryer or instant pot.
- Now take a pressure cooker or instant pot and pour cooking oil in it. Heat the pressure cooker. Dip a portion of the mixture in the oil to check the oil enough heated or not. If the dough floating without browning then its temperature is enough to cook. Whether a food thermometer is available then check the temperature and set it at 375°F.
- If you use an instant pot to deep fry the chicken then set the temperature at 375°F.
- Dip chicken pieces one by one in the oil and then close the lid of the pressure cooker.
- Cook it for approximately 8 minutes then open the lid of the pressure cooker. Take a piece out and see if it is well cooked or not. Whether it cooked well then takes all pieces out and keeps on a tissue paper or towel to absorb excess oil.
- Now the dish is ready to serve. Garnish it with sliced green chili and spring onion then enjoy with green sauces and salads.
If you want to lose weight and looking for a Keto diet plan then download this keto diet plan pdf.
More instant pot recipes
- Instant Pot Shrimp Fried Rice
- Instant Pot Basmati Rice recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice
PRECAUTIONS DURING MAKING INSTANT POT FRIED CHICKEN
- Make the all-purpose flour and cornflour coating perfectly on all sides of the chicken and remove extra dry crust by shaking them.
- Before dip, the chicken pieces in the hot oil, check the temperature by food thermometer or dip a small portion of dough in the oil. Try to maintain the temperature at approximately 350°F.
I hope, now you can make this healthy insta pot pressure fried chicken recipe in your kitchen easily. Please let us know, after making this dish, how was your cooking experience?
Some Related Chicken Dishes
- Chicken Egg Roll Recipe
- KFC Style Popcorn Chicken
- Chicken Bhuna Recipe
- Two Easy Ways to Make Chicken Cutlets