Should you’re right here as a result of your stuff simply received snatched, let’s reduce to the chase:
- How do I file a Lemonade declare?
- How do I get a police report?
- I filed my declare, what now?
- What occurs if my declare is authorized?
- What if my declare isn’t authorized?
Should you’d prefer to be taught extra about Lemonade’s claims course of, kudos. With this information, you’ll be absolutely ready if somebody steals your stuff.
Theft is a reasonably frequent incidence – in actual fact, 48% of Lemonade claims concerned theft. And when your stuff will get stolen, the very last thing you’ll wish to do is scramble to name your insurance coverage firm.
At Lemonade, submitting a declare is straightforward and prompt. Our #1 precedence is to get again to you as rapidly as we will, whereas making use of our regular (huge) dose of empathy and love.
Our bot, AI Jim, hurries up simple elements of your declare, so we pay nearly all of easy claims immediately. In case your declare is extra complicated, we’ll ship it to our (human) claims crew for a extra thorough overview.
Need particulars? Right here’s easy methods to file a theft declare with Lemonade, step-by-step.
Head to the Lemonade App
To file your declare, open the app in your telephone. Should you don’t have it, obtain it and check in with the e-mail you used when getting your Lemonade coverage.
A couple of notes right here:
- At all times name the police or emergency companies earlier than making your declare.
- In case your telephone was stolen, ask a buddy or member of the family to make use of their telephone to entry the Lemonade app.
Meet AI Jim
Also read: How to dry rose buds for tea
1. As soon as within the Lemonade app, hit the pink ‘claim’ button within the high right-hand nook.
2. Meet our claims skilled, AI Jim. He’ll begin off by verifying your contact data and asking for extra particulars about what occurred.
3. Digitally signal a Pledge of Honor to confirm all the pieces you inform us about your declare is truthful and sincere. It can additionally remind you that your unclaimed premium doesn’t go in direction of Lemonade’s revenue — it goes to your chosen Giveback trigger.
4. Clarify precisely what occurred in a brief video recording (as a result of who actually has the vitality to kind out a report?). It ought to solely take a couple of minute. Faux you’re speaking to a buddy, and tell us the main points, resembling when and the place the theft occurred. Your video is totally confidential – we’ll solely use it in an effort to overview your declare.
A couple of notes:
- Take a deep breath. There’s no huge rush right here. Since AI Jim is a bot, he received’t get impatient if it takes you some time to collect the data you want.
- Should you make a mistake when coming into your data, you possibly can at all times return and proper your response by tapping on the pencil icon within the right-hand nook of the chat bubble.
Scan your police report
Subsequent, take a photograph of your police report through the app.
How do I get a police report?
Also read: How to make starbucks peach green tea
In case your stuff was snatched, the police needs to be your first name. You need to ask for:
- A duplicate of your police report with stolen gadgets and corresponding values listed
- Incident quantity
- Officer identify
Should you forgot to take a replica of the report on the time of the theft, go to your native police division’s web site and observe their directions on easy methods to get a replica.
A few notes:
- All theft claims require a police report. The faster you add the report, the larger the possibilities you’ll have your declare paid quick!
- We are able to’t entry or retrieve a police report in your behalf, and we want it to approve your declare. You’ll have to take a photograph or fill out the main points of the police report to finish your declare.
Inform us all the pieces that was stolen
1. Subsequent, we’ll have to know what was stolen, and make sure you owned this stuff. AI Jim will ask you to checklist out the next:
- Merchandise identify
- Merchandise value (in $)
- When and the place to procure it
2. You’ll additionally have to show you owned this stuff. Receipts are one of the simplest ways to take action, or you should use electronic mail order confirmations as proof of buy.
A couple of notes:
- We all know not everybody saves their receipts – so if you happen to don’t have them, a member of the claims crew will observe up with some directions.
- Should you can’t discover your receipt, you possibly can pause your declare, go away and seek for it, after which return to the place you left off in your declare course of.
- Professional tip: Be certain that to maintain your receipts on the costlier stuff you purchase, say $250 and up, in case you ever should file a declare. Even if you happen to don’t have the receipt, retaining a notice of the place and whenever you bought costlier gadgets will assist us show you how to.
1. Subsequent, you’ll see a full abstract of the knowledge you’ve offered. Earlier than you submit your declare, verify to verify all the data is correct. 2. You’ll be requested to enter your checking account data, so we all know the place to ship the cash in case your declare is authorized.
I filed my declare, what now?
After you file your declare, you’ll discover out instantly if it’s authorized immediately (with the assistance of AI and 18 anti-fraud algorithms).
Also read: weight loss smoothies with whey protein
In case your declare can’t be dealt with by AI Jim, will probably be handed over to our devoted claims crew. A claims specialist will get in contact inside an hour after you submit your declare letting you realize what else we want.
Though it may be anxious ready to listen to about your declare, relaxation assured that our #1 precedence is getting again to you as rapidly as we will. We’ll attain out if any follow-up documentation is required, or with subsequent steps.
Take notice that significantly complicated claims or high-value claims could require a area investigator from our Particular Investigations Unit, which can lengthen your claims course of.
What occurs if my declare is authorized?
After you file your declare, you’ll be requested to enter your checking account wire data. You’ll both discover out immediately whether or not your declare has been authorized, otherwise you’ll get an electronic mail as soon as the crew has seemed into your declare. As soon as your declare is authorized, we’ll difficulty fee, minus the quantity of the deductible, instantly into your account (it’d take 1-2 days for the funds to seem).
What if it isn’t authorized?
Sadly, not each declare shall be authorized. In case your declare is denied, we’ll let you realize why. Some frequent causes we deny claims are:
- The merchandise will not be lined by your coverage
- You despatched us incorrect particulars
- The declare quantity is decrease than your deductible
- The incident came about earlier than your coverage begin date
The silver lining
On the finish of the day, Lemonade is right here that will help you really feel protected and comfortable within the occasion one thing occurs. We work to offer a surprisingly nice claims expertise by means of empathy, transparency, availability and velocity. So no less than when one thing does occur, your claims expertise is as hassle-free as doable, as a result of in any case – who actually wants the added stress?