These pan-fried sweet potatoes are so easy to make and taste amazing! Everyone will love these browned tender sweet potato slices!
Reading: how to fry sweet potatoes in a pan
There are so many way to make sweet potatoes – you can boil them, bake them, mash them and even cook sweet potatoes in a microwave. Check out my growing sweet potato recipes collection for more inspiration! However, for some reason, when thinking of ways to make sweet potatoes, simple pan-frying method often gets overlooked. If you haven’t tried cooking sweet potato slices on a frying pan, you are in for a treat!
Just like my simple sauteed boneless skinless chicken thighs, good old-fashioned pan-frying in a little oil always produces great results!
To make sauteed sweet potatoes, just heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add sliced sweet potatoes and cook on medium-high heat, stirring every 2 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are nicely browned and fully cooked and tender. At the end, sprinkle with chili powder or your favorite seasonings. So yummy!
These pan-fried sweet potatoes are amazing for breakfast with eggs! Here’s a scrumptious breakfast idea for you: fried sweet potatoes, scrambled eggs and sliced avocado. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
Read more: how to deep fry an oreo | Family Cuisine
Just like with any type of sauteing, one important thing to remember is to not crowd the frying pan. Use one sliced sweet potato per large 12-inch non-stick frying pan. If you want to cook more sweet potatoes, you will have to cook them in batches or use two frying pans over two burners at the same time.
If you have a large family and want to pan-fry a lot of things at once, consider getting an electric griddle. Another awesome thing I love about my griddle is that it maintains a constant temperature so food never burns on it!
If you like these pan-fried sweet potatoes, you will also love these easy recipes:
- Caramelized Baked Sweet Potatoes – sweet potatoes are baked in the oven to perfection, so they develop deep caramelized flavor!
- Hasselback Sweet Potatoes – the presentation of these accordion sliced sweet potatoes is stunning!
- Marshmallow Topped Sweet Potatoes – it’s a holiday classic made easy!
- Sweet Potato Muffins – these sweet potato muffins are so moist and delicious! When they are baking, your house will smell amazing!
- Baked Sweet Potato Chips – did you know that you can make crunchy sweet potato chips in your oven? Crispy healthy chips, you need to make them immediately!