In case you ask me, a milkshake is sweet any time of yr—from the peak of spring to the useless of winter. However there is not any denying that summer season is its peak season.
Image this: You’ve got simply spent an extended, lazy Sunday afternoon on the seashore. Salty, sun-drenched, and in want of a snack, you plop a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream and milk into the blender. A number of fast blitzes and a bathe of sprinkles later, and also you’re sipping on a easy, super-cooling milkshake that hits all the proper spots.
Sounds excellent, proper?
Read more: How to make coffee with a chemex
Fortunately, a milkshake is simply concerning the best dessert you possibly can pull off in below 5 minutes (in all probability much less). The very best half: At a minimal, you want simply two elements.
This is the right way to make a milkshake utilizing any ice cream and toppings you’ve got bought mendacity round in your kitchen, plus a few of our favourite recipes and taste combos that will help you get milkshaking.
The very best half about making a milkshake is that it’s completely customizable, relying on the kind of ice cream you will have within the freezer, what sort of milk you prefer to drink, and your favourite sweet-crunchy-salty-nutty additions. This is the way you get began to make a single-serving milkshake.
- You should utilize any sort of milk you want (complete, skim, or perhaps a dairy-free different like oat or almond milk would all work properly), however full-fat milk will provide you with the thickest, richest outcomes.
- Do not use heavy cream, although—it’s going to clump up within the blender.
- The higher high quality the ice cream, the higher your milkshake will style. This should not come as a shock, however because the ice cream makes up greater than half of any milkshake, its high quality will have an effect on the flavour and texture.
- In case you’re avoiding dairy for any cause, coconut milk ice cream brings a pleasant creamy smoothness.
- 2 to three scoops ice cream (plus extra to thicken the milkshake, as wanted)
- 1/3 cup milk (plus extra to skinny out the milkshake, as wanted)
- Combine-ins and toppings of your selecting, to style (optionally available)
- Pour the milk into the blender first in order that every little thing blitzes up good and simply.
- Add the ice cream to the blender (let it sit out on the counter for about 5 minutes beforehand to melt barely) and whichever mix-ins you want. If you would like the mix-ins to remain crunchy, add them in direction of the top of the mixing. (See under for a few of our favourite mix-ins.)
- Mix every little thing till it reaches your required consistency. If the milkshake is simply too skinny, add a small scoop of ice cream to assist thicken; if too thick, add a splash of milk.
- Prime your milkshake with something from whipped cream to chocolate syrup, and revel in!
Read more: Ginger Banana Green Smoothie
In the case of mix-ins and toppings, the sky is just about the restrict (although we have listed a few of our favorites under). Simply chop them up if wanted and mix them in with the milkshake itself, or for a bit extra textural selection, reserve some to sprinkle/drizzle/crumble on high of the blended milkshake.
If we’re speaking cookies or nuts, it is normally best to crumble or chop them earlier than including on high. (However hey, there are locations that put complete slices of cake on their milkshakes, so have at it.)
You possibly can even mix completely different elements to imitate traditional taste combos like, blueberry pie (blueberries + graham crackers + whipped cream) or your favourite sweet bar (chocolate chunks + caramel + nuts).
Listed below are a couple of of our favourite milkshake mix-ins and toppings:
- Syrups (chocolate, strawberry, caramel, maple)
- Extracts (vanilla, mint, almond, banana)
- Peanut butter
- Frozen/contemporary fruit (banana, strawberries, blueberries, mango)
- Cookies (chocolate chip cookies, Oreos, graham crackers)
- Chocolate chips/chunks
- Sweet bars (Twix, Reese’s, Package Kats)
- Spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, pumpkin spice)
- Leftover cake
- Malt powder
- Whipped cream (within the milkshake or on high, or each!)
What’s your go-to milkshake combo? Share it with us within the feedback under!