I have a deep as well as following love for all points tea. From the event of it, to the fragile tea mugs as well as tea pots, to the gorgeous energy of the tea relaxing. I have a number of teapots, all various shapes and sizes, as well as they all require various dimension tea cozies to maintain that cuppa cozy while you talk with a close friend.
Reading: How to make a patchwork tea cosy
So, rather than a tutorial on just how to make a tea relaxing for my teapot, I assumed it would certainly be better to offer you some directions on just how to make a tea relaxing to fit any type of teapot. As well as if you are anything like me, you’ll require greater than one.
Note: The precise quantity of material required relies on the dimension of your teapot
- 1/4- 1/2 backyard bed linen or neutral cotton material
- 25-30 squares of different prints for jumble, reduced to 2 1/2″ (a mini beauty pack is best for this)
- 1/4- 1/2 backyard cotton material for lining
- 1/4- 1/2 backyard Insul-Bright (protected batting) or cotton batting (such as Cozy as well as All-natural)
- 1 1/2 backyards of cotton trim (optional)
- Fridge freezer paper or a number of sheets of printer paper
Read more: How to use a camping coffee pot
( Joint allocation is 1/4″, unless or else kept in mind.)
Action Your Teapot
- Gauge the size of your teapot around the best factor as well as write the dimension. Mine is 18.5 ″.
- Gauge the elevation of your teapot right around, leading to base. Mine is 15.5 ″.
- Take the size dimension, divide by 2 as well as include 1.5 ″. For my own this is: 18.5 ÷ 2 + 1.5= 10.7
- Take the elevation dimension as well as divide by 2 as well as include 1.25 ″. For my own this is: 15.5 ÷ 2 +1.25= 9.
Make the Pattern
- Take a size of fridge freezer paper as well as layer in fifty percent. You can additionally make use of simple printer paper taped with each other, yet fridge freezer paper has the benefit of staying with the material when you iron it, getting rid of the demand for pinning the pattern to the material in the future.
- Mark the elevation of your teapot on the fridge freezer paper. Mine is 9 ″.
- Separate the size dimension by 2 as well as mark on the fridge freezer paper. Mine is in fact 5.375 ″, so I rounded to 5.5 ″
- Attract a contour from one indicate the various other. Remove on the line as well as unravel. I such as to create which teapot this is for as well as what the formula was, for future referral.
Make the Outside
( Note: If you do not wish to make a jumble variation, you can make use of a solitary material outside of the tea relaxing, simply avoid to Eliminate All the Parts, as well as make use of the pattern to eliminate 2 items of your outside material.)
- From the bed linen material, cut 2 rectangular shapes that are the (size) x (elevation -3 ″). For mine that is 11 ″ x 6 ″.
- Cut a 2 ″ strip from the bed linen, throughout the size.
- Format the jumble squares in a pleasing pattern. Rotating light as well as dark jobs well. Format as lots of as you require to get to the size of your teapot. It takes 6 squares to get to the size I require for my teapot. Format 2 collections of 2 rows of jumble squares.
- Stitch each row of squares. Press the joint allocations to the exactly on one row as well as to the left for the various other row. This will certainly assist to pair up the joints when you stitch them with each other.
- Stitch both rows with each other, very carefully matching the joints. Press.
- Cut the jumble item to the size of the bed linen. For me this is 11 ″.
- Stitch the jumble item to the 2 ″ strip of bed linen. Press.
- Stitch the staying item of bed linen to the top of the jumble. Press.
- Repeat actions 4-7 to make the 2nd side of the relaxing.
Eliminate All Parts
- Location the Tea Cozy Pattern in addition to the outside item, with the narrower bed linen strip under. If you make use of fridge freezer paper for your pattern, position the glossy side down (towards the material) as well as iron the pattern in position. It will briefly fuse to the material, yet quickly takes off after reducing. Or else, pin the pattern in position.
- Remove both external items complying with the pattern.
- Repeat, removing 2 lining items.
- Repeat removing 2 Insul-Bright/batting items
( Note: Do not fuse the pattern to the batting items! It does not quickly peel from those.)
End Up the Outside
- Location an outside item in addition to an item of batting (glossy side down, if making use of Insul-Brite), as well as pin or spray baste with each other.
- Patchwork the jumble. I just sewed 1/4″ from each straight joint. I enhanced my stitch size to 3.0 as well as made use of a strolling foot for the quilting, yet a routine foot functions great also. Repeat for 2nd outside item.
- Stitch the trim to the top as well as base of the jumble (optional). Repeat for 2nd outside item.
Make the Pull Tab
Note: This is optional. You can leave it off, or make use of a 3 ″ item of bow, folded up in fifty percent.
- Fold Up a 2.5 ″ square of material in fifty percent as well as press.
- Discover the facility of the rectangular shape by folding it in fifty percent once more as well as finger press to make a fold.
- Fold up the sides to the facility fold as well as press well. Allot.
Placed it With Each Other
- Lay the outside item in addition to a lining item, ideal sides with each other, as well as sew along the straight side, backstitching at the start as well as finishing of the joint. Repeat on the staying outside as well as lining items. Press the joint allocation towards the cellular lining.
- Discover the leading facility of the outside item by folding in in fifty percent as well as finger pushing to make a fold. Location the pull tab on top facility, matching raw sides. Pin in position.
- Lay the various other outside item ahead, ideal sides with each other, piling the outside items on top of each various other as well as the lining items on top of each various other. Pin well– seeing to it to match the joints where the outside as well as lining fulfill, as well as where the jumble fulfills.
- Stitch around the outdoors side of the tea relaxing, leaving a 3 ″ space for kipping down the cellular lining. (I have actually stitched this in dark string, to reveal where I began as well as quit.)
- Transform right-side out, with the space.
- Press well, transforming the joint allocation in the space under.
- Stitch the space shut, either by equipment– stitching regarding 1/8 ″ from the side of the material, with the sides embeded. Or, hand stitch it shut.
- Press the cellular lining right into the tea relaxing as well as push the opening well.
- Leading sew 1/4″ from the side of the opening.
Read more: How to make coffee in a coffee machine
Do not hesitate to experiment with this pattern to make it your very own! I have actually developed a number of variants for my teapots for many years.
Heaven one is with a solitary material outside, as well as an accent material was made use of for the cellular lining as well as took down a fifty percent inch prior to leading sewing to make sure that it is made use of as trim. You can additionally picky cut a favored item of material to highlight a specific information, like the Downton Abbey relaxing. This set additionally makes use of a lining material that is taken down a little bit, to serve as trim. The opportunities are countless!
Pin it for later on!
Read more: how to make fresh apple juice with a juicer