This shawarma sauce is so delicious on wraps and sandwiches, but it’s also incredible on grilled chicken and salad! This white sauce is the best garlic sauce!
I’ve been on such a sauce recipe kick recently. I’m obsessed with livening up simple meals with all of my favorite sauces, and this easy homemade sauce is no exception.
We’ve been making this recipe for years at this point, and I can’t believe I’m just now getting around to posting it for all of you! I’m sure you’re going to love it as much as we do.
What Is It?
Shawarma sauce is a delicious garlic sauce with a Greek yogurt base. Tahini adds some warmth, depth of flavor, and the classic Middle Eastern flavor you’d expect here. Lemon juice and fresh herbs brighten it up and make it just totally irresistible.
It pairs so well with my tzatziki sauce recipe, and I love serving it with any meat that’s been seasoned with either my Shawarma Seasoning or my Mediterranean Seasoning. Especially on sandwiches – that combination is incredible!
Here’s a fun Binging with Babish episode on YouTube showing you how to make the shawarma from The Avengers.
What To Serve It With
Other than the obvious chicken shawarma, there are so many things this sauce tastes amazing with!
- Yogurt Marinated Chicken (you could even use the leftovers of this sauce as a chicken marinade)
- Roasted Crispy Chickpeas with Shawarma Seasoning
- Pita Bread (if it’s hot and fresh, even better!)
- Potato Wedges or Fries (it makes the best dip)
- Kabobs (or kebabs)
- Sandwich Spread (or a burger sauce…yum)
- Use It As A Salad Dressing
- Use It As A Veggie Dip (it would be great with this festive veggie platter!)
- Ground Beef
- Lebanese Food
How Long Does It Last?
This will last in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 14 days.
This sauce is seriously perfect as-is, but there are a few changes you could make if you want to.
- Don’t have Greek yogurt on hand? Try using 2/3 sour cream and 1/3 cup mayonnaise instead.
- Not a fan of the spiciness of raw garlic cloves? Try using roasted garlic instead.
- Want it spicy? Try adding sriracha, hot sauce, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, or freshly ground black pepper.
- Love sesame seeds? Add in more tahini.
- Want some warmth and a smoky flavor? Add in harissa.
- Love a completely smooth sauce? Pulse the ingredients in a food processor until the sauce is fully blended.
Is It Keto?
Yep! In moderation, this sauce makes a great keto dip or spread.
How To Make It Vegan
To make this sauce dairy free, you’d need to use thick plain unsweetened plant based yogurt in lieu of the Greek yogurt.
If you like this shawarma white sauce recipe, you may want to check out our entire sauces and dips category! Sauces are really my favorite, so there are tons of delicious recipe for you to check out.
Some reader favorites are:
- Cilantro Garlic Sauce
- Tzatziki Sauce
- Creamy Jalapeno Sauce
- Cilantro Lime Sauce
I’d love to hear what you thought of this recipe in the comments or on Instagram! @KeyToMyLime #KeyToMyLime
Click here to pin this recipe for later!
Make this shawarma sauce tonight to have with your dinner! Once you try it, you’ll want to put it on everything!