Yema Cake with custard frosting and shredded cheese is mushy, fluffy, and scrumptious. This Filipino sponge cake is the proper dessert for holidays, birthdays, or anytime you want a particular candy deal with.
Yema is a traditional Filipino sweet constructed from a mix of milk and egg yolks cooked over low warmth till thickened. The candy concoction is then formed in pyramids or balls and coated in granulated sugar or dipped in caramel syrup for a crisp, golden shell.
Reading: how to make a yema cake
Read more: how to make decorative icing for a cake
It’s has been a Philippine delicacy for hundreds of years, introduced by the Spanish in the course of the colonial interval. The phrase yema, in truth, means egg yolk in Spanish.
However though the sweet has been round for years, Yema Cake is considerably of a brand new invention that has not too long ago gained recognition. It’s a major instance of the Filipino’s artistic means to adapt concepts and make them solely our personal.
What’s a Yema Cake
Read more: how to make a cow cake
The Yema cake has three elements which all work collectively right into a delicious, indulgent baked deal with.
- Sponge Cake-the process is similar to Pianono, however this recipe has added butter for a wealthy taste.
- Yema Frosting– based mostly on my simple yema unfold recipe, however cooked longer to make it thicker and maintain its kind higher for frosting and piping.
- Grated Cheese-the cake was adorned with almond slivers to fairly it up, however that is solely elective. The grated cheese topping, nevertheless, is a should because it provides one other layer of taste and the saltiness of cheese gives the proper distinction to the sweetness of the Yema frosting.
Give this yummy recipe a strive! With scrumptious layers of soppy, fluffy sponge cake, creamy golden yema, and salty grated cheese, it’s pure indulgence! It’s the proper dessert for particular events however simple sufficient to make for on a regular basis candy cravings.
Read more: how to make vegan cake pops
Easy methods to retailer
- This cake incorporates dairy merchandise and thus must be refrigerated for meals security.
- Retailer beneath a cake cowl or wrap loosely with plastic movie and refrigerate for as much as 3 days.
- To freeze, place frosted cake within the freezer till frosting is frozen. Wrap tightly with plastic movie and freeze for as much as 3 months.
- To serve, thaw the cake loosely uncovered at room temperature for about 2 to three hours.