This bright and creamy avocado sauce is delicious on tacos, quesadillas, veggie burgers, and more! With just 5 ingredients, it’s a breeze to make.
Reading: how to make avacado sauce
Avocado Sauce Recipe Ingredients
You only need 5 ingredients to make this creamy avocado sauce:
- Avocado, of course! Make sure yours is ripe. It needs to be soft in order to blend into a smooth and creamy sauce.
- Fresh cilantro – Don’t worry if a little stem sneaks in. It’ll blend up fine and add bold flavor to the sauce.
- Lime juice – Its bright flavor cuts the richness of the avocado.
- Mayo – You can taste it here, so make sure to use a good one. I recommend Sir Kensington’s Classic Mayonnaise or Avocado Oil Mayonnaise. Vegan mayo works here too!
- And salt – To make all the flavors pop!
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
You can make this recipe in two ways: in a food processor or by hand. If you’re using a food processor, just add all the ingredients to the bowl, and blend until smooth.
No food processor? No problem. Add the ingredients to a medium bowl, and mash them together with a fork or potato masher. The sauce won’t be as smooth, but it’ll still taste great.
Taste the sauce and add more salt if needed. Then, enjoy it right away or store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a day.
Avocado Sauce Serving Suggestions
My favorite way to use this avocado sauce is on tacos. Julia calls for it specifically in her Roasted Cauliflower Taco recipe, but it would work nicely on these Sweet Potato Tacos, these Roasted Veggie Tacos, or these Mushroom Tacos too.
It would also be a fantastic dipping sauce for homemade taquitos, sweet potato fries, or a veggie quesadilla. Have a little leftover? Slather it on a black bean burger for a pop of bright flavor.
More Favorite Sauces for Tacos
If you love this avocado sauce recipe, check out Simply Julia! Then, try one of these tasty sauces for tacos next:
Read more: Creamy Dill Sauce | Family Cuisine
- Creamy Chipotle Sauce
- Cashew Sour Cream
- Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Tomatillo Salsa Verde
- Homemade Salsa