Are we friends on Facebook?
Reading: how to make blood orange juice
If not, we should be. To kick off 2015, I am sharing healthy recipes from Kitchen Konfidence, and fellow food bloggers on Facebook all. week. long. PS. These recipes aren’t just healthy. They are healthy AND delicious.
Just like this Blood Orange Power Juice. Made with blood oranges, beets, carrots, ginger and turmeric, this nutrient-packed juice is light, bright and hued the most shocking shades of orange and pink. It’s as if I had juiced the 80’s directly into my Picardie Tumbler. Continue reading for the recipe plus some health benefits of this juice.
Read more: How to make dandelion tea from fresh leaves
I should start by saying that I’m not a doctor or nutritionist (obvay). However, I did some extensive research on The Internets and found the following health benefits associated with the ingredients in this juice:
- Blood Oranges: High in Vitamin C, antioxidants and folic acid, blood oranges contain anthocyanin in their red pigment, a flavonoid believed to help prevent cancer, and have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Carrots: Packed with Vitamins A, K and C. Carrots help to reduce risk of heart disease and cancer while improving vision.
- Beets: These colorful root vegetables can lower blood pressure and boost stamina. They also aid in detoxifying blood and the liver.
- Ginger: Prized for its ability to alleviate stomach issues, ginger can help to boost the immune system while improving blood flow.
- Turmeric: This antioxidant and anti-inflammatory power house can help prevent cancer, heart disease and depression.
This Blood Orange Power Juice is a bit on the tart side with just a hint of sweetness. I love it over ice. Try adding an apple or pear to the mix to sweeten things up more.
Here are some other healthy drink recipes you can find on Kitchen Konfidence:
Spiced Oatmeal Smoothie [long-standing reader favorite!]
Pear and Arugula Smoothie
Read more: how to make cheese foam for milk tea
Banana Smoothie with Nuts and Seeds [paleo-friendly]
Mixed Berry and Candy Beet Smoothie
Can you tell I like drinking smoothies from my weck jars ;)?
Read more: keto breakfast smoothies for weight loss