This rich and flavorful Bloves Sauce is the seafood sauce created by YouTube sensation BlovesLife that features a hearty helping of spices! It’s a delightful dipping sauce for shrimp, seafood boils, and much more!!
Want To Know How To Make The Best Bloves Sauce At Home?! Follow Along!
Reading: how to make bloves sauce
Fans of YouTube sensation, Blove, know that her “Smackalicious Sauce” has become an online sensation. It catapulted the YouTuber to foodie fame, with nearly 3 million subscribers to her channel. And now you can make the sauce yourself at home!
I am addicted to this savory seafood sauce, and it only takes 15 minutes to make. Lots of seasonings, herbs, spices, and other delicious ingredients go into the mix, and when combined, create a sauce that is unique and unbelievably tasty.
- 🥘 Ingredients
- 💭 Tips & Recipe Notes
- 🔪 Step-by-Step Instructions
- 🥡 Storing & Reheating
- ❓ FAQ
- 📋 Recipe
Check out the recipe for Blove’s Sauce below, whip some up at home, and find out what all the fuss is about. I use Smackalicious Sauce on some of my seafood dishes, from poached salmon to fried shrimp.
You’ll be sure to find plenty of ways to enjoy this sauce, whether on your seafood or for something else. Honestly, I could eat it by the spoonful!
You’ll need to gather a number of ingredients for the seasonings and the sauce itself. As these flavors come together in harmony, the scent is sublime, and the taste is beyond terrific!
Blove’s Sauce Seasoning Ingredients
- Garlic Powder – Fragrant and fabulous.
- Paprika (or smoked paprika) – A slight spice and nice color. Smoked paprika adds more depth.
- Ground Black Pepper – A seasoning staple.
- Cayenne Pepper – Take your pepper up a notch.
- Onion Powder – Goes well with the garlic powder. No kissing tonight!
- Dried Oregano – Earthy and peppery, even a bit sweet.
- Lemon Pepper – Fresh and vibrant.
- Chili Powder – Things are getting hot!
- Cajun Seasoning Mix – A mouthwatering mix.
- Old Bay Seasoning – The standby for seafood.
- Light Brown Sugar – A touch of sweetness to smooth out the sauce.
- Salt (optional) – Give your sauce a try and see if you need any. A dash is generally an enhancement.
Blove’s Sauce Ingredients
- Minced Garlic (or the cloves from 4 whole bulbs) – More garlic to make the sauce scrumptious.
- Onion (white or yellow onion) – A rough chop adds texture to the sauce.
- Butter – Richness and mouthfeel.
- Chicken Broth – Savory and simple.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Tangy, sweet, and salty.
- Lemon Juice – Squeeze it fresh and add some zest for even more brightness.
- White Vinegar (optional) – If you want more acidity and a sour component to the sauce.
- Tabasco Sauce (optional) – For the daredevils who like their seafood hot.
- Ground Ginger (optional) – Add some for a peppery sweet surprise.
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (optional) – Flicks of color and more heat.
💭 Tips & Recipe Notes
- Wait to add salt and any optional add-ins (to taste) until your Bloves sauce is combined. You may find that the seasonings are salty enough. Over-salting could compromise the sauce.
- (Optional) Once the sauce has cooled slightly, you can return it to your blender or food processor and pulse a few times to combine the sauce best (as it likes to separate after sitting). This is about more than just appearance though! I have found that adding this quick step means that you get a better flavor in each bite. The seasoning is distributed throughout your sauce best with a few seconds in the blender!
- Don’t be shy with the lemon! It will help to cut the richness of all the spices and butter. I love using a heavy helping of lemon zest for my best Bloves sauce results.
🔪 Step-by-Step Instructions
Once you have your ingredients ready, the process to make Blove’s Sauce is simple. You will be amazed at how so many flavors can come together so perfectly, making every bite of food fantastic.
Whatever sauce you were using before just won’t compare to Blove’s!
- In a small bowl, combine all of the seasoning ingredients: (1 tablespoon each of the following) garlic powder, paprika (or smoked paprika), ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, onion powder, dried oregano, lemon pepper, chili powder, Cajun spice mix, Old Bay seasoning, and light brown sugar.
- Place the peeled garlic cloves from 4 whole bulbs or 12 tablespoons minced garlic and roughly chopped ½ small white or yellow onion into a blender or food processor and pulse a few times until finely chopped.
- Heat a large skillet or frying pan over medium-low heat and melt 2 cups butter (4 sticks). Turn up the heat to medium then add the onion and garlic. Then sauté for 30 seconds to a minute, until the onion and garlic are softened slightly, translucent, and aromatic.
- Once the onion and garlic are sauteed, stir in 1 cup chicken broth, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (plus the zest, if desired), as well as any optional ingredients as listed above. Mix well.
- Add the seasoning mix and stir to combine, then bring to a low boil, stirring occasionally. Remove your sauce from the heat once it has reached a boil and all of the ingredients are well combined.
Simple air-fried shrimp are amazing with this sauce! Or serve with your favorite seafood dishes and enjoy!
🥡 Storing & Reheating
You can store leftover Blove’s Sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Or store in a freezer-safe airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months.
Reheating Blove’s Sauce
If your Blove’s sauce has been frozen, place it in the refrigerator and allow it to thaw before using. Once thawed, simply reheat in a microwave-safe dish and warm in 30-second increments at medium power.
To reheat on the stovetop, transfer your sauce to a small saucepan and warm over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Continue cooking until heated to your desired temperature.
Finally, give it a good stir before serving or pour some in the blender or food processor to quickly freshen it up.
Read more: how to make banh mi sauce | Family Cuisine