- Copycat Pizzeria Pizza Sauce
- Pizza Sauce Recipe Reader Testimonials:
- Things I love about this Recipe:
- How do you make pizza sauce from scratch?
- Is pizza sauce and marinara sauce the same?
- Can I use pasta sauce on pizza?
- What cheese is best for pizza?
- Recipe Notes:
- Cook’s Tools:
- How much will this Pizza Sauce Recipe Cost?
- More pizza recipes:
This Copycat Pizzeria Pizza Sauce Recipe tastes as if it came from your favorite pizzeria. It’s SO easy to make; all you need is 5 minutes and a blender!
This recipe costs about $1.95 to make, which is just $0.16 per serving.
Reading: how to make boston pizza sauce
This sauce is perfect for my Pizza Rolls Recipe, Homemade Pepperoni Pizza, or dipping these Pizza Dough Garlic Knots into.
Copycat Pizzeria Pizza Sauce
I don’t know about you, but my family has a designated pizza night every week. For us, it’s Fridays.
We either order takeout from our favorite pizzeria, or I make pizza from scratch. Over the years, I’ve been playing around with this Pizza Sauce Recipe, and I finally nailed it!
This homemade pizza sauce tastes so fresh, has a great texture, and it tastes as if it came from your favorite pizzeria! The secret to my sauce is that I use canned whole tomatoes, and I DON’T cook it! I blend it up and ladle it onto my favorite pizza!
Pizza Sauce Recipe Reader Testimonials:
Folks are LOVING this recipe. Here are some comments I have gotten from readers:
Stephanie said: “Hands down the best pizza sauce I’ve ever had! I made this sauce a couple of weeks ago but I forgot to print the recipe. I just spent an hour looking for it…..saving to favorites so I don’t lose it again. This recipe is a keeper. Thank you so much for sharing it.”
Kim said: “I don’t often take the time to review recipes but this sauce is THE BEST. Simple, fresh-tasting, and EASY to make. I don’t think I’ll ever make any other sauce. This lives up to my NJ pizza standards!”
Noelle said: “We had a make your own pizza night last night and I used this recipe and everyone loved it! Added so much flavor to the pizza.”
Nellie said: “When you become the hero at your house over a recipe you know it is a good one! Will be hanging on to this one!”
Ted said: “Jillian, I have never tried homemade pizza before. I saw your recipe and it looked so good I had to give it a try. I was amazed at the results, they were delicious. The crust and sauce had the best taste you could ask for. Thanks for posting it.”
Things I love about this Recipe:
- It’s made completely in the blender.
- It takes 5 minutes or less to make.
- It’s a no-cook recipe.
- It costs just $1.95 to make.
- It tastes like the pizza sauce from your favorite pizzeria!
How do you make pizza sauce from scratch?
STEP ONE: First, drain the tomatoes in a fine-mesh strainer. Place the drained tomatoes into a blender.
STEP TWO: Next, add the remaining ingredients and blend on high until combined.
STEP THREE: Finally, spread the sauce on your pizza dough of place it in an airtight container in the fridge.
Is pizza sauce and marinara sauce the same?
While the ingredients for pizza sauce and spaghetti sauce are similar, there is one main difference. Pizza sauce is uncooked while pasta sauce is cooked.
Can I use pasta sauce on pizza?
Yes, you can, but it would be a little thin. I would mix this sauce with a 4 ounce can of tomato paste and double the herbs and garlic in the recipe below.
What cheese is best for pizza?
My favorites are whole milk mozzarella (MUST be whole milk and not part-skim) and Parmesan. But you can get super fancy and add other cheeses such as gouda, goat, and ricotta.
- When I make this recipe, I like to make a double batch and freeze the rest. I divide the pizza sauce among small freezer-safe containers. This way, I pull what I need from the freezer when I need it.
- This sauce will keep for up to 6 months in the freezer. Just defrost it in the refrigerator overnight and give it a good stir before using.
- This sauce will keep for up to 1 week in the refrigerator when kept in an airtight container. Just give it a quick stir before using it!
- If you love garlic, then add an extra clove to the recipe below!
- This pizza sauce is also great for my Pizza Rolls recipe!
- Make this sauce for my Perfect Homemade Pepperoni Pizza Recipe!
- high powered blender
- fine mesh strainer
How much will this Pizza Sauce Recipe Cost?
RECIPE COST: $1.95
PER SERVING COST: $0.16
NOTE: The recipe prices are used calculating name-brand products from Walmart’s website. The recipe’s actual cost will vary depending on what your pantry is already stocked with and current grocery prices.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil I prefer robust EVOO – $0.14
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar – $0.02
- 28- ounce can whole peeled tomatoes – $1.66
- 1 large garlic clove minced – $0.05
- 1 teaspoon table salt – $0.01
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper – $0.01
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar – $0.01
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano – $0.05
More pizza recipes:
- Pizza Rolls recipe
- Perfect Homemade Pepperoni Pizza Recipe
- New York Style Thin Crust Pizza
- Perfect Homemade Pizza Dough
- Pizza Dough Garlic Knots
- Supreme Pizza Pull-Apart
- French Bread Pizza
- Lunch Box Pizza
- Strawberry Pizza
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
More Copycat Recipes:
Read more: How to Make Mayonnaise | Family Cuisine
- Panera’s Mac and Cheese
- Bang Bang Shrimp Recipe
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake Copycat
- Copycat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana
- Movie Theater Popcorn
- Food Truck Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- Costco Copycat Spinach Salad