Skillet Bourbon Steak Recipe – Pan seared juicy sirloin steaks prepared with a dijon mustard rub and an incredible creamy bourbon sauce. A one pan recipe that is SO simple and SO darn delicious!
Reading: how to make bourbon sauce for steak
SKILLET BOURBON STEAK
This recipe is the perfect steak dinner for any occasion. The steak is tender, a little tangy, and the sweet flavor of bourbon helps make this flavorful sauce a perfect partner for a juicy sirloin steak.
Seeing that a number of you really loved my recipe for Pan Seared Sirloin Steak with Mushroom Sauce, I definitely knew that it was time to share our other favorite recipe for Bourbon Steak.
If you think you need to go to a steakhouse in order to enjoy a great steak, this recipe will tell you that you are wrong. Make YOUR house THEEE exclusive steakhouse, m’kay?!
Besides, with all of the ingredients cooked in one pan, this steak recipe couldn’t be quicker to prepare and just as easy to clean up! But the bourbon sauce makes it waaaay extra special.
HOW TO COOK STEAK IN A SKILLET
Please whip out your cast iron skillet because that is the best tool for preparing a good steak.
- We’re going to salt our steaks and let them sit for about 20 minutes. When ready to get started, fire up the stovetop and set your cast iron skillet over the heat.
- Rub the steaks with dijon mustard on both sides and add to the skillet, two steaks at a time, and a tablespoon of butter.
- In the meantime, put together the bourbon sauce by combining soy sauce, light brown sugar, bourbon, and dried herbs in a mixing bowl.
- Remove steaks from the pan and deglaze the skillet with the bourbon sauce.
- Stir in half & half or light cream and continue to cook for 1 to 2 more minutes, or until sauce has slightly thickened.
- Remove skillet from heat, place steaks back in skillet and turn to coat with the sauce.
Serve with Lemon Butter Green Beans and ENJOY!
When cooking steak, use a meat thermometer and keep in mind how you want it cooked; rare, medium rare, medium, or well done.
- 140F internal temperature for RARE
- 145F internal temperature for MEDIUM RARE
- 160F internal temperature for MEDIUM
- 170F internal temperature for WELL DONE
This method of pan-searing a steak works best with steaks that are an inch thick, or less, and boneless.
MORE STEAK RECIPES:
- Steak and Veggies Sheet Pan Dinner
- Steak Salad with Dijon Balsamic Dressing
- Pan-Seared Steak with Cognac Sauce
- Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas Recipe
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX! FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #diethood on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE