A Papa John’s copycat recipe, this Cheeseburger Pizza is topped with a special sauce, ground beef, mozzarella, pickles, and onion.
We LOVE our pizzas here at TBFS, so don’t miss our popular BBQ Chicken, Chicken Alfredo, or pesto veggie pizza!
My husband insisted on ordering Papa John’s Cheeseburger Pizza one day, and while it’s not the type of pizza I would have ordered, I decided to give it a try. I’m glad I did, cause it’s a new favorite. Something about the sauce, crumbled meat, and pickle combo on crispy pizza crust is just spot on!
Like my other copycat recipes, I knew immediately I wanted to make my own version!
How to make Cheeseburger Pizza:
- Make the pizza dough. Our easy recipe has basic ingredients and gets rave reviews. Pre-bake the dough for 6 minutes.
- Cook ground beef: in a skillet over medium heat, browning and breaking up into small pieces until it’s cooked through.
- Mix the sauce: combine pizza sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Top the pizza: Spread sauce on pre-baked pizzas, sprinkle a small amount of cheese on top of the sauce, sprinkle ground beef and onion on top of the cheese and spread desired number of pickle slices on the pizza. Top with additional cheese.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes
- Add French fries: top the pizza with precooked french fries before baking. Don’t judge until you’ve tried it!
- Add hot sauce to sauce: sprinkle hot sauce on the final product or mix some in with the sauce before spreading on the pizza.
- Add other “burger” toppings: cooked bacon pieces, peppers, different cheeses, onion rings.
Make Ahead and Freezing Instructions:
To Make Ahead: Completely make the pizza dough, including pre-baking it in the oven for 6 minutes. Top with cheeseburger pizza toppings, cover well with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours, until ready to bake your pizza.
To Freeze: Assemble pizza on partially pre-baked crust. Cover well and freeze for up to 2 months. Bake as directed, from frozen, adding a few minutes to the cook time.
FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more great recipes!
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.