Chikoo milkshake is a refreshing, wholesome and filling milkshake that you would be able to make for breakfast or brunch. Chikoo also referred to as sapota or sapodilla is a regionally accessible fruit in India. It’s a candy juicy and pulpy fruit and is favored by many individuals.
About Chikoo Milkshake
There are lots of variations of shakes made in India with many fruits. This chikoo shake is one such variation the place candy gentle ripened chikoo is mixed with milk and sugar.
Reading: How to make chikoo milkshake at home
Rising up we might have chikoo milkshake usually throughout the summers. Chikoo is a seasonal fruit and is generally accessible throughout Indian summers. Most of the instances we normally get pleasure from them as it’s or add them to Fruit Salad and generally I make this sapota shake.
I’ve used natural chikoo to make this milkshake. They had been very candy and simply soften within the mouth like butter. We had been completely awed. We’re a lot used to tasting or having fruits grown with fertilizers and pesticides that we now have forgotten how a naturally grown fruit tastes.
If the chikoo are very candy then you possibly can scale back the amount of sugar or skip it completely. I’ve added coconut sugar to this milkshake.
Coconut sugar is more healthy than common sugar. More often than not whereas making milkshakes and truffles I exploit coconut sugar, jaggery powder or unrefined natural cane sugar or uncooked sugar. The coconut sugar has an analogous style to that of palm jaggery.
For a colder milkshake add chilled or chilly milk. Optionally you would additionally add a number of ice cubes whereas mixing. This sapota milkshake style one of the best as quickly as it’s made. I received’t suggest refrigerating them or storing them because the style adjustments over a time period. So greatest loved recent.
Ripening of Chikoo
To make this chikoo milkshake purchase chikoo that’s recent and ripe. To verify the ripeness press the outer pores and skin together with your fingers or thumb. A ripened chikoo might be gentle to the touch. If the surface feels exhausting or stiff then sapota shouldn’t be ripened but.
Read more: How to make herbal tea from fresh herbs
Should you purchase a batch of unripened chikoo then don’t fear. You possibly can simply ripen them on the kitchen countertop. I comply with this methodology:
- Soak the chikoo in a bowl of recent water to which some vinegar or baking soda is added for five minutes. This helps to do away with the pesticides.
- Later discard this water. Rinse the chikoo once more a number of instances in recent water. Then drain all of the water.
- Place the chikoo on a plate or tray or kitchen towel. Allow them to dry naturally or you possibly can wipe them dry with a clear kitchen towel. Alternatively you possibly can retailer them in clear paper baggage, place in a dry place and allow them to ripen.
- As soon as totally dried place them in a bowl. Maintain a clear cotton kitchen serviette on the bowl protecting it completely. Maintain this bowl for a number of days in a dry place till the chickoos are ripened. Maintain checking on a regular basis and canopy with the identical kitchen serviette.
- You must verify on a regular basis as some chikoo will ripen sooner than others.
You possibly can eat them with pores and skin or you possibly can peel the pores and skin. The chickoo peels even have a superb quantity of vitamin in them.
Few extra Milkshake recipes on the weblog are:
- Banana milkshake
- Mango milkshake
- Apple milkshake
- Chocolate milkshake
- Strawberry milkshake
Should you made this recipe, please remember to fee it within the recipe card under. Signal Up for my e mail e-newsletter or you possibly can comply with me on Instagram, Fb, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for extra vegetarian inspirations.
This Chikoo Shake submit from the archives (April 2013) has been up to date and republished on 17 October 2021.
Read more: How to make a bird feeder from a soda bottle