- Cilantro Garlic Sauce
- Cilantro Garlic Sauce Ingredients
- How do you make cilantro garlic sauce? (step-by-step)
- How do you make creamy cilantro sauce?
- Can you make cilantro garlic sauce ahead of time?
- Leftovers and storage
- Do you have to refrigerate cilantro garlic sauce?
- How long does cilantro garlic sauce last?
- Tips, tricks, and frequently asked questions
- How many calories are in cilantro garlic sauce from Pollo Tropical?
- What is in the curry mustard at Pollo Tropical?
- Make it spicy!
- What goes well with cilantro garlic sauce? (serving suggestions)
- More delicious condiments
- More restaurant inspired recipes
- Tools we love
This Simple Cilantro Garlic Sauce recipe is inspired by Pollo Tropical. It only takes seconds to make and you’ll want to put it on everything!
Have you been to Pollo Tropical? Well, Pollo Tropical has a sauce bar with all sorts of delicious goodies like Curry Mustard Sauce, Chimichurri Sauce, and Cilantro Garlic Sauce. If you haven’t been to Pollo Tropical, you should probably add it to your bucket list. Their grilled chicken quarters are spectacular. Try the sauce on our tostadas recipe!
Reading: how to make cilantro garlic sauce
Cilantro Garlic Sauce
Cilantro Garlic Sauce Ingredients
- Cream cheese (I implore you to please not use low fat. Pretty please.)
- Garlic, peeled
- Lime juice
- Fresh cilantro
How do you make cilantro garlic sauce? (step-by-step)
⭐ First, blend all ingredients except cilantro with an immersion blender (or upright blender) until smooth.
⭐ Next, add cilantro and continue blending until smooth again.
⭐ Finally, use immediately or (ideally) refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to meld, and ENJOY!
How do you make creamy cilantro sauce?
We use a combination of cream cheese and milk to make our cilantro sauce perfectly creamy. It’s a similar base to our super popular Garlic Cream Cheese Dip. But with cilantro and lime and Mmmmmmm.
Can you make cilantro garlic sauce ahead of time?
Yes! I like to make a jar of this and keep it in the fridge for saucing and dipping all the time. Just write on the label when you made it so you know how long it’s good for.
Leftovers and storage
Do you have to refrigerate cilantro garlic sauce?
Yes, because this is made with dairy (milk and cream cheese), it should be kept in the refrigerator.
How long does cilantro garlic sauce last?
You’ll want to look at the use-by dates on your milk and cream cheese, whichever is the earlier date will be the use-by for your sauce. Make sure to write it on the jar or lid so you don’t forget!
Tips, tricks, and frequently asked questions
How many calories are in cilantro garlic sauce from Pollo Tropical?
According to Pollo Tropical, there are roughly 90 calories in a one ounce serving of their Cilantro Garlic Sauce. Ours will vary depending on what type of milk and what type of cream cheese you choose to use.
What is in the curry mustard at Pollo Tropical?
I don’t now their exact recipe, but you can check out our delicious version over here on our curry mustard recipe page (we use mustard, mayo, and curry)!
Make it spicy!
Try adding a few pickled jalapenos when you’re blending for a spicy version of this sauce!
What goes well with cilantro garlic sauce? (serving suggestions)
In any case, my husband wants me to tell you all that this is not, I repeat, NOT Pollo Tropical ‘s Cuban Cilantro Garlic Sauce. It is super yummy and awesomely (awesomely!) delicious, but definitely not (and not trying to be!) a copycat recipe.
What this isssssss, is a zingy, creamy, tangy, flavorful addition to your meal. Mmmmmm, yeah! Definitely try it with fish tacos or on a ham and cheese croissant roll! And everything else.
I even like to dip roasted plantains in it. Sweet, salty, tangy, it’s an orchestra of delicious in your mouth!
More delicious condiments
- Sriracha Mayo
- Chili Sauce Recipe
- Mango Pineapple Salsa
- Fresh Pico de Gallo
- See all our condiment recipes!
More restaurant inspired recipes
- Ikea Swedish meatballs
- Taco Bell Mexican pizza
- Wendy’s chili
- Panera broccoli cheese soup
- Chick fil a frosted lemonade
- See all our copycat recipes!
Tools we love
- Cuisinart Smart Stick 2 Speed Hand Blender – one of the most used tools in my kitchen. Blend alllll the things. I basically only take my big blender out for margaritas anymore. Because, margaritas.
- OXO Good Grips Salad Dressing Shaker – It’s cute, and I like it, and I like salads better when they have cute things to go along with them. It’s not just me, right?
- Ball Jar Wide Mouth Pint and Half Jars with Lids – addicted to canning jars. Canning jars are slowly replacing our tupperware and I am not at all sad about it. Also I use them for glasses. Especially margarita glasses. Because, margaritas.