Here are the best how to make creamy marsala sauce articles edited and compiled by familycuisine.net
Chicken Marsala in a deliciously creamy mushroom sauce rivals any restaurant! Cook a chef tasting chicken recipe right at home like a pro!
One of the most sought after dishes served in restaurants is super fast and easy to make in your very own kitchen. Flavourful Chicken Marsala with EXTRA sauce to serve with your chicken and sides, with an authentic Italian taste! Perfect for weekend OR weeknight cooking, this is one chicken recipe you will make time and time again.
A variation of the traditional Italian Scaloppine, this Americanized Marsala version is completely addictive. It’s no wonder it’s one of the most ordered chicken dishes in restaurants! Made with golden, crispy, pan-fried chicken, a mushroom-filled creamy Marsala wine sauce and a good kick of garlic, this Chicken Marsala recipe is next-level!
How To Make The Best Creamy Chicken Marsala at Home
- You’re going to start with thin breast fillets. For a faster prep-time, cut your chicken breasts in half horizontally to make four fillets. Quicker and easier than pounding them thin with a meat mallet and yields the same results.
- If you prefer pounding, I’ve included the option in the recipe notes. Whichever option you choose, thinner chicken pieces cook faster and evenly.
- We use a combination of oil and butter to fry the chicken for the best golden browned results and delicious flavour.
- Cook the sauce in the same pan as the chicken. Don’t get rid of any chicken bits from the pan as they add tons of flavour into the sauce! Scrape them up while the mushrooms are releasing their liquid.
How To Make Marsala Sauce
- Normally chicken Marsala does not include any cream. However, I found during testing that cream was needed for our tastes to balance out the strong flavour coming from the wine.
- You can use heavy cream or thickened cream in the sauce.
- For a lightened up sauce, use evaporated milk or half and half. If using half and half, be careful not to bring your sauce to a rapid boil or it may curdle.
- The Marsala sauce will not thicken immediately after adding in your cream. Once you add your chicken back into the pan, the flour from the chicken will thicken your sauce.
Best Marsala Wine To Use
Marsala wine is a fortified wine from Sicily with a deep flavour and is used in this sauce to create a caramelized rich flavor. When making savory dishes like Chicken Marsala, dry Marsala is the best option. Keep your sweet Marsala for desserts!
Marsala Wine Substitutes
- Dry Madeira wine
- Sherry (Dark)
- Port (1/2 cup)
- Red Vermouth (1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup of dry white wine mixed with 2-3 teaspoons of brandy.
What To Serve With Chicken Marsala
This Marsala recipe makes enough creamy sauce to pour over pasta (angel hair is the preferred choice), potatoes or rice, or keep it lower in calories and enjoy over cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles!
Looking for more Italian-American recipes? Try these!
Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken Piccata | Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Shrimp | Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Alfredo