Swimming in a garlicky white wine sauce, this Easy Shrimp Scampi Recipe is on the table in just 15 minutes!
A super quick meal that seems like a “fancy dinner”. Shrimp Scampi is quick enough for a weeknight but elegant enough to serve to guests. You’ll be amazed at how incredibly easy this dish is to make at home!
Reading: how to make easy shrimp scampi sauce
I love shrimp pasta with hunks of crusty bread (or dinner rolls) for cleaning the plate and this version is extra fast and easy!
What is Shrimp Scampi?
Creamy Shrimp Scampi is a dish made with shrimp (or prawns) in a scampi sauce.
A scampi sauce is a garlic butter and wine sauce, so very simple to make. This dish can be served over pasta or even served on its own as a first course for a dinner party.
A lot of Shrimp Scampi recipes call for parmesan cheese but I left it out of this recipe because it’s not truly “authentic.” I like to have it at the table for family and friends to add if they wish.
How To Make Shrimp Scampi
The entire recipe (sauce AND shrimp) can be made in about the same time it takes to boil your pasta! You’ll need just a few simple ingredients….shrimp (obviously), garlic, crushed red pepper (you can skip this if you’re sensitive to spice), butter, olive oil, white wine (also can be subbed with chicken stock), salt, pepper, parsley.
- COOK SHRIMP – Cook garlic & butter until fragrant. Add shrimp and cook a couple of minutes. Set aside.
- ADD WINE – Pour in some wine and reduce for a few minutes.
- TOSS WITH SHRIMP – Add shrimp back to the pan and toss to heat through. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Wine for Shrimp Scampi
Your best bet is a crisp dry white wine that you’ll enjoy drinking with your amazing meal! You may enjoy any of the following:
- Pinot Grigio
- dry Riesling
- Sauvignon Blanc
Add a little to the dish and a little to your glass! Cheers!
- Buy peeled and deveined shrimp.
- The shrimp look pretty with the tails on so they’re great that way if serving as an appetizer but if serving over pasta, I prefer shrimp without tails.
- The ingredients (including the garlic) can be prepared up to 24 hours in advance so the dish literally takes minutes to put together.
- If serving as an appetizer include crusty bread or crostini for sopping up the scampi sauce.
- Bang Bang Shrimp
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Boil – Fun for a crowd and easy to make!
- Shrimp Stir Fry with Zucchini Noodles
- Skillet Shrimp Fajitas – Fresh flavors!
- Easy Shrimp Ceviche Recipe
- Easy Shrimp Alfredo
We love this easy Shrimp Scampi recipe so much it’s on regular rotation here during the school year. And the best part? There’s very little cleanup since it’s cooked in just one pot. If you want to skip the pasta (and the bread….but WHY?), you can serve it with a fresh green salad.
Some other shrimp recipes we LOVE that come together just as quickly is this super EASY Shrimp and Grits….or THIS simple Skillet Paella with Shrimp and Chorizo!