Fried Bananas are a sweet and simple treat made with ripe bananas, cinnamon and brown sugar. This easy banana dessert can be used for many things like a topping for pancakes, ice cream, or by themselves!
Simple and delicious, this recipe is a great way to use up those ripe bananas sitting on your counter. We love banana recipes around our house. A few of our other favorites are these easy banana bread muffins, banana pudding and banana cinnamon donut holes.
This was one of the first desserts I learned to make growing up. My parents would let me sprinkle the banana slices with the cinnamon and sugar and then I would scoop them out onto a big bowl of ice cream.
- Ingredients needed
- How to make fried bananas:
- Why this recipe works
- How to serve
- Cooks tips
- Fried Bananas
Only 3 ingredients!!
Bananas, brown sugar, cinnamon
How to make fried bananas:
- This dessert/snack couldn’t be easier. Start with 1-2 bananas and slice them into 1/3 inch rounds.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and cinnamon. (If you don’t have brown sugar, white sugar works.)
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium.
- Add banana rounds to skillet. Sprinkle with sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and then flip. Sprinkle remaining sugar mixture and cook another 2-3 minutes.
Why this recipe works
- The brown sugar adds a nice caramelization to these bananas
- Anyone can make these! No need to be a master chef.
- Easy peasy!
How to serve
My favorite way to serve these is on top of vanilla ice cream. They would also be delicious served with a dollop of yogurt or whipped cream or even on top of pancakes or french toast, SO GOOD!!
If you like bananas foster, you will love how these taste! Such an easy dessert with big flavor!
- I like using bananas that a little more firm so they don’t turn into mush. Using ones that are super ripe make it harder for them to maintain their shape.
- Don’t over crowd the pan with bananas.
- Try not to over sugar the top of the bananas or they might have a hard time cooking.
- Like desserts similar to this, be sure to check out these fried apples.
More Simple Desserts:
- Pound Cake Tiramisu is a semi-homemade dessert using marbled pound cake.
- Mason Jar Cakes are layers of cake, cream and blueberries.
- Eclair Cake uses puff pastry and cream to make this tasty cake.
- Cinnamon Twists are a favorite in our house. Serve with homemade icing.
Dessert, breakfast or snack, these tasty, warm little bites of cinnamon brown sugar will put a smile on your face. One of my go-to’s when I want an easy sweet treat. Enjoy!
**Make this recipe? Give it a star rating below.