- Baked Zucchini Fries
- How to make Baked Zucchini Fries
- Do you peel zucchini before slicing it?
- How do you make zucchini fries without panko crumbs?
- How do you make zucchini fries crispy?
- How do you store baked zucchini fries?
- Can you freeze baked zucchini fries?
- What sauce is good for dipping zucchini fries in?
- Looking for more Zucchini recipes?! Here you go!
Baked Zucchini Fries are crispy on the outside with a crunchy, seasoned crust and a tender zucchini inside. It is hard to stop after just one!
Fries are a quick and easy appetizer or side dish! Try these Crispy Garlic Avocado Fries (Baked), Parmesan Herb Asparagus Fries with Creamy Greek Yogurt Ranch or Best Ever Baked Parmesan Garlic Potato Wedge for more vegetable fries that are just as addictive.
Baked Zucchini Fries
Oh zucchini season, how I love you! There are so many great ways to use up zucchini. I couldn’t wait to try these baked zucchini fries.
It is such a great and healthy alternative to french fries. And you are able to use up some of the zucchini in the garden!
I wasn’t expecting these zucchini fries to be so amazing! And the great thing is that I could have some and stay with in calories for my Hawaii trip.
They had a great crunch to the outside and they were cooked perfectly and soft on the inside like a french fry. These were amazing dipped in marinara sauce but my boys loved them in ranch
How to make Baked Zucchini Fries
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Start by cutting your zucchini. Cut off each end. Then cut the zucchini in half and then lengthwise. Set one piece on its end and cut it in half lengthwise. Cut that half in half. Cut that half in half. Stack the planks on top of each other and cut into strips. Lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Combine panko crumbs, italian seasoning, and shredded parmesan cheese in a shallow pie dish. Add the flour in a zip lock bag and toss zucchini to coat.
- Whisk the egg together and working in batches dip each zucchini strip into the egg and coat well in panko mixture.
- Set on a the cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 until lightly brown. Can be dipped in marinara sauce, ranch, or your favorite dipping sauce.
How do you slice zucchini fries?
Start by rinsing off the zucchini under cool water. Cut off the ends on each side of the zucchini, Cut the zucchini in half, lengthwise. Then slice it into 3 or 4 long strips. Repeat and cut into 2 thinner strips.
If they are too long, then cut those in half for the perfect length.
Do you peel zucchini before slicing it?
You do not need to peel zucchini before slicing it. I prefer to leave the skin on the zucchini for that added crispy texture.
How do you make zucchini fries without panko crumbs?
I prefer panko crumbs or bread crumbs for these fries. Seasoning the zucchini fries to your liking without the crumbs will work too.
How do you make zucchini fries crispy?
- Make sure to pat dry the zucchini when you are done rinsing it off.
- The smaller the zucchini, the crispier it will get.
- At the end of baking, switch to broiler and broil the zucchini for 1 to 2 minutes.
- If you don’t have a broiler, pan fry the zucchini fries on top of the stove for a few minutes flipping and turning them.
How do you store baked zucchini fries?
These fries don’t last long at our house but there are occasion that we make extras with all our garden fresh zucchini. Once they have cooled off from baking, place in an airtight container or ziplock bag. Seal and place in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days. Reheating when ready.
Can you freeze baked zucchini fries?
Yes! You can freeze your zucchini fries once they are baked. Wait for them to cool. Place them in an airtight container or ziplock baggie. Reheat when ready. You do not need to thaw the zucchini prior to reheating them.
Microwave: Place on a microwave safe plate and warm the zucchini 1 minute at a time.
Oven: Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Place on a sprayed baking sheet and warm for 12-15 minutes or until cooked.
What sauce is good for dipping zucchini fries in?
- Marinara Sauce
- Creamy Honey Chipotle Dip
- Chipotle Ketchup
- Cilantro Lime Ranch
- Spicy Mayo
Looking for more Zucchini recipes?! Here you go!
- Cheesy Zucchini Fritters
- Easy Delicious Shrimp Zucchini Boats
- Best Ever Zucchini Crust Pizza
- Thai Zucchini Noodle Salad
- Cinnamon Zucchini Walnut Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting