chilli pickle recipe | hari mirch ka achar | green chilli pickle | mirchi ka achar | mirchi char with detailed photo and video recipe. a spicy and tangy condiment prepared from green chillies or hari mirch with oil, vinegar, lemon juice and salt. basically it is served as relish for additional flavour and taste as a side dish for lunch and dinner. chilli pickle recipe | hari mirch ka achar | green chilli pickle | mirchi ka achar | mirchi char with step by step photo and video recipe. this instant pickle recipe is mainly prepared from fresh and tender green chillies which mixed with dry spice powders. it is a popular pickle recipe which is widely appreciated across all indian states. in this post lets learn a simple and easy hari mirch ka achar recipe.
i am not a great fan of pickle recipes, but i have special attachment for green chilli pickle recipe. i prepare this pickle quite frequently and i even prepare the mix variety of mango chilli pickle and lemon chilli pickle. however i was getting several request to prepare the simple non adulterated hari mirch ka achar recipe. so i thought of sharing this recipe quickly without any further delay. having said that, this is an instant version chilli pickle and traditionally the chillies are soaked in salt and then sun dried for minimum 2-3 days. later it is spiced and mixed with other pickle ingredients.
while the instant version of green chilli pickle recipe is extremely, yet i would like to share few tips and suggestions for a perfect pickle. firstly, if you feel your green chillies are extremely hot and spicy, then you can deseed them. alternatively, you can also add more salt and lemon juice to neutralise the heat of green chillies. secondly, you can avoid adding vinegar if you are not storing the pickle for longer duration. lastly, you can add ginger, garlic, lime and even mango to prepare mix variety of mirchi ka achar recipe.
finally, i would like to highlight my other pickle recipes collection with this mirchi char recipe. this includes, mango pickle, lemon pickle, amla pickle, carrot pickle, tomato thokku, tomato chutney, capsicum chutney and mango chutney recipe. in addition i would request you to check my other recipes collection like,
- chutney recipes collection
- sambar recipes collection
- rasam recipes collection
hari mirch ka achar or green chilli pickle video recipe:
hari mirch ka achar or green chilli pickle:
how to make mirch achar or chilli pickle with step by step photo:
- firstly, remove the head of chillis and cut into pieces.
- further, in a kadai dry roast 1 tsp jeera, 2 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp coriander seeds, ¼ tsp methi, 1 tsp saunf and ½ tsp ajwain.
- dry roast on low flame for a minute.
- cool completely, and blend to slightly coarse powder.
- transfer to the masala powder onto the chillis.
- also add in 1 tsp turmeric, salt to taste and 1 lemon.
- mix well making sure everything is combined well.
- now heat ¼ cup oil. use mustard oil for more flavours.
- once the oil is hot, add in pinch of hing.
- allow the oil to cool completely and pour over chillis.
- mix well to combine all the ingredients well.
- also add in 2 tbsp vinegar. vinegar acts as preservative and stores for longer time.
- mix well and can be consumed after 2 hours or keep under sun for 2 days for more flavours.
- finally, serve instant green chilli pickle with rice or roti.
- firstly, use medium spices chilli, or deseed the chillis to reduce the spiciness.
- also make sure to roast the spices on low flame, else they might burn.
- furthermore, pickle stays good for 3 months or more when refrigerated.
- additionally, increase the amount of lemon, vinegar and oil to increase the shelf life.
- finally, instant green chilli pickle taste great when served after 2 days.