Omelette in a Bag is a perfect breakfast for camping, family reunions, or at even home. Everyone can customize their own with their favorite ingredients. And clean-up is a breeze!
Omelet in a Bag
This Omelet in a Bag recipe is so much fun! We make these every single time we go camping. They are SO easy and there is virtually no cleanup. I have all the ingredients prepped before we go camping so we simply wake up and get some water boiling – that’s it. Everyone loves making their omelettes EXACTLY how they want and it is fun! The kids LOVE making these! Seriously, this breakfast couldn’t be easier and you will always have VERY happy campers! They always come out perfect and nothing tastes better after a long night of camping. I actually find myself making these a few times just at home throughout the year because they turn out so fluffy and tasty. They are way better than trying to do it in a pan, plus you can make them all at once instead of just one-at-a-time. We have made these when guests come visit and they are always surprised with how good they are.
Omelettes for a Crowd
This Omelette in a Bag recipe is a great recipe if you are cooking breakfast for a crowd. You can make big batches all at once and again, clean-up is a snap! Whether camping, at a reunion, or just at home wanting to switch things up, you just can’t lose with this simple, satisfying and super fun breakfast! Also, have you seen our FAMILY REUNION Meal Planning Guide? We share lots of other great meals you can make for big groups. Be sure to check it out!
Steps to the Perfect Omelet in a Bag
Here are the step by step instructions for making an Omelette in a Bag. It really is so easy!
Omelette Fillings and Toppings
The sky is the limit when it comes to omelette fillings. Here are some of the more common types of Omelette recipes with fillings.
- Denver Omelette – ham, bacon, bell peppers, onions, cheese.
- Western Omelette – ham, onion, green pepper, cheese.
- Mediterranean Omelette – spinach, feta cheese, olives, red onion, garlic.
- Southwest Omelette – bacon, tomato, avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, salsa, sour cream.
- Steak Omelette – sliced steak, mushrooms, onions, green pepper, tomatoes.
- Veggie Omelette – bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, baby spinach leaves, tomato, avocado, cheese.
- Meat filling ideas: Diced ham, bacon, ground sausage, Kielbasa sausage, steak slices, Spam, pulled pork, seasoned ground beef, pepperoni, salami, shredded chicken.
- Vegetable filling ideas: Red, green, orange, or yellow bell peppers, mushrooms, red onion, green onion, white onion, cherry tomatoes, Roma tomatoes, any garden tomato, fresh spinach, diced zucchini, broccoli, avocado, butternut squash, alfalfa sprouts.
- Cheese filling ideas: Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, Provolone, Pepper Jack, Swiss, Gruyere, Mozzarella.
- Topping ideas: Shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream, guacamole, cilantro, parsley, diced tomatoes, diced onions, basil leaves, lime, Hollandaise sauce, Greek yogurt,
BPA Free Plastic Bags
We have had some comments about the bags being safe to boil. We use Ziploc freezer bags which claim to be BPA free. If you are still worried about it, there are reusable boiling bags that you can purchase online as well. We have no qualms using the Ziploc freezer bags, especially since we only make these on special occasions.
More Tasty Breakfast Recipes
From sweet to savory, we have dozens of delicious breakfast recipes right here! Check out a few of our favorites:
Read more: how to make soft boiled eggs on a gas stove
- Best Breakfast Ideas of 2019
- Easy Breakfast Casserole
- Best Breakfast Burrito
- Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes
- Peaches and Cream Oatmeal Smoothie