My husband asked, “So you can really do a whole post on boiling eggs?”
HOW TO MAKE HARD BOILED EGGS
5) Once water comes to a rolling boil, place the lid on and turn off the heat.
6) Let eggs sit for 12-13 minutes making sure to not open the lid or all of the heat will escape. Make sure not to start your timer until right when you turn off the heat.
8) Label your eggs so that your family knows which ones are hard boiled and which ones are not. OR you can use my husband’s trick of spinning the egg really hard on a flat surface. If the egg is hard boiled it will spin standing up like this one below and if it’s not hard boiled it will spin horizontally.
HOW LONG TO HARD BOIL EGGS?
HOW TO PEEL HARD BOILED EGGS?
Tips for easy peeling eggs:
- Use eggs that are not fresh. Over time we have learned that the fresher the egg the harder it is to peel. If you can, don’t make your hard boiled eggs the same day you buy them. You would think that the fresher the egg the better, but that’s not actually the case. Eggs that are a week old work best but of course make sure they are not past the expiration date.
- Run them under water when peeling. If you are using the hard boiled eggs right away, it also is easier to peel them under cold running water right after they have boiled.
- Add 1/2 tsp salt to the water. Adding salt to the water may help make the eggs easier to peel.
- Add vinegar. Add a little vinegar to the water which makes the shell softer and easier to peel.
- Roll them on the counter. After you boil the eggs and you’ve cooled them, roll them on the counter and the shell will fall off.
HOW LONG ARE HARD BOILED EGGS GOOD FOR?
Refrigerate hard boiled eggs in their shell in the fridge for up to one week.
Read more: Fried Cabbage | Family Cuisine
RECIPES TO USE HARD BOILED EGGS IN
- Deviled Egg Spread
- Mexican Deviled Eggs
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Horseradish Deviled Eggs
- Hard Boiled Egg Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chicken Salad
- Red Potato Salad
- Roasted Red Pepper Deviled Eggs