This is our favorite BBQ sauce for chicken. It has the perfect balance between sweet and tangy with a little hint of smokiness. It makes chicken taste amazing! It’s also quick to make and easily refined sugar-free.
If you’re a fan of BBQ chicken recipes, try our Smoky Gochujang Korean BBQ Chicken or our Grilled Chicken Wings. Both are delicious!
THIS. Yes, this sweet, tangy, smoky, and oh so tasty BBQ sauce that is perfect for chicken. Or perfect for nearly everything you want to taste like delicious BBQ.
How to make the best BBQ sauce for chicken
- Put the ingredients into a pot.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
And just like that, you’ll have better BBQ sauce than anything you’ll find in a store. So easy!
Full recipe in the recipe card below.
READ MORE: Baked BBQ Chicken
Of course, you can use BBQ sauce to marinate your chicken before you throw them on the grill, but it has so many more uses.
Here are a few ways to use this BBQ sauce
- Pour it over chicken thighs and bake them in the oven.
- Sear a juicy steak and then add this BBQ sauce at the very end, just long enough to warm it up.
- Brush it onto veggies before you grill them.
- Coat the inside of a portobello mushroom in this BBQ sauce, pop it on the grill then use it as a delicious meatless burger patty.
- Mix a small spoonful into some ranch dressing and use it to smother your burger.
- Mix it into some mayonnaise and make a special dip for your fries.
- Add some to your potato salad for a smoky BBQ potato salad.
- Simmer meatballs in it and serve them as an appetizer. Mmm BBQ meatballs!
Popular BBQ recipes
- Juicy Grilled Pork Chops
- Grilled Garlic Butter Mushrooms
- Best Grilled Chicken Breast
- Grilled Hawaiian Chicken Skewers