- Do I Need a Juicer For Beginner Juice Recipes or Can I Use a Blender?
- Beginner Juice Recipe – Ingredients
- Beginner Green Juice Recipe – How To Make
- Green Juice Health Benefits
- Follow me on Instagram and use the tag #simplyjillicious if you make this beginner juice recipe! I’d love to see it!
- And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter here.
- If you try this beginner juice recipe, or any of my recipes, please leave a review and star rating – thank you!
- Hungry for more? Check out some of my favorite dessert recipes!
- If you enjoyed this recipe, follow me on social media for new recipes and updates!
Beginner juice recipes are simple, have very little prep time, and are absolutely delicious. Green juice is a fun way to get some extra nutrients into your diet.
I started juicing about a couple months ago and haven’t looked back since! Homemade juice recipes taste sooo fresh. And knowing they’re free of added sugar and artificial junk makes it taste even better. Natural juices are always the way to go.
Do I Need a Juicer For Beginner Juice Recipes or Can I Use a Blender?
For this green juice recipe, you’ll need a juicer. Juicers range from 40$ to 500+ dollars.
I personally own a mid range Breville juicer. It’s not top of the line, but it’s sufficient for my needs and I’m really happy with it. The opening is wide enough for things like a large cucumber or a small apple.
The only real down side is that it doesn’t do a great job at juicing leafy greens like spinach and kale leaves. For juices with those ingredients, you’ll need a masticating juicer. Some day I’ll invest in a great masticating juicer, but for now, I’m happy with my Breville juicer.
Juicing recipes made of pure vegetable juice may be hard for a beginner to start with. This recipe doesn’t have a strong “green” flavor, and contains some fruits, so it’s a great way to introduce yourself to the world of juicing. It’d also be perfect for a juice cleanse or juice fast.
Going on a juice cleanse is a popular thing to do when wanting to aid your body in detoxing. Others go on a juice fast to aid in weight loss. I can’t claim that a juice fast will help you lose weight, but I know that beginner juice recipes are high in vitamins and minerals and are a delicious refreshing drink.
Juicing is a healthy practice and it’s fun to try out different recipes. You can make delicious vegetable juices like carrot juice or beet juice, and if you’re into fruit juicing, apple juice or orange juice. The juice combos are endless!
This simple juice recipe is very kid friendly. My 3 year old LOVES this green juice! I always have to make a double batch when I make it. Otherwise he’ll drink all of mine!
Beginner Juice Recipe – Ingredients
Beginner Green Juice Recipe – How To Make
- Prepare the celery, apple, ginger, and lemon by washing and cutting them to the appropriate size for your specific juicer.
- Fit all the attachments to your juicer and turn it on, making sure you have a cup under the spout to catch the juice. If you’ve never used your specific juicer, be sure to read the manual so you can operate it with confidence.
- Feed each ingredient into your juicer until all the fruits and vegetables have been juiced. Some juicers require that you peel the skin off your oranges and lemons, so be sure you’re following the directions for your specific juicer. For my Breville juicer, I can just throw the fruit in without peeling.
- Drink straight after juicing or serve over ice.
Green Juice Health Benefits
- Juicing in general is a great way to increase your nutritional profile. By removing the fiber from the fruits and vegetables, you are offering your body a hefty dose of vitamins and minerals that can be easily digested and delivered straight into the blood stream.
- Most of us don’t get enough vegetables into our diet, and juicing is a great way to help with that.
- Juicing has been known to lower cholesterol and may even help cure or reduce the risk of cancer.
- Feeds the good bacteria in your gut, while keeping the bad bacteria at bay.
- Can help lower blood sugar.
- Supports our bodies in removing toxins.
Follow me on Instagram and use the tag #simplyjillicious if you make this beginner juice recipe! I’d love to see it!
And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter here.
If you try this beginner juice recipe, or any of my recipes, please leave a review and star rating – thank you!
Hungry for more? Check out some of my favorite dessert recipes!
Paleo Banana Bread Cookies Balsamic Chicken Drumsticks Chocolate Pomegranate Almond Clusters Paleo Whoopie Pies Fudgy Paleo Brownies Gluten Free and Paleo Crinkle Cookies Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies Strawberry Banana Coconut Milk Smoothie