This straightforward Copycat Starbucks London Fog recipe brings the traditional drink to your kitchen! Made with Earl Gray tea and steamed milk, the flavors of vanilla and bergamot on this drink are as cozy as a hand-knitted sweater.
Reading: How to make london fog tea latte
HOMEMADE STARBUCKS LONDON FOG TEA LATTE
I really like making this traditional London Fog once I wish to deal with myself to some “me” time. All I would like is an effective guide, a comfortable nook and a steaming mug of this drink. The frothy steamed milk takes an odd cup of Earl Gray and makes it additional particular, and a tiny little bit of pure vanilla extract elevates the drink to pro-barista perfection!
WHAT’S IN A LONDON FOG?
- Water: Pure, filtered water is finest.
- Tea: To make two London Fog tea lattes, you’ll want one Earl Gray tea bag, or the equal quantity of unfastened tea leaves.
- Milk: I take advantage of 2% milk, however another will work, together with oat or nut milk.
- Mild Brown Sugar: This sweetener provides a nice caramel observe to the ultimate cup, however you should utilize any sweetener of your alternative!
- Vanilla: For the perfect taste, use pure vanilla extract.
- Dried lavender flowers or dried tea leaves: For garnish. That is non-obligatory, nevertheless it does look fairly!
Read more: How to make baking soda paste for skin
CAN YOU USE LOOSE-LEAF TEA?
Sure, you possibly can! Simply measure the unfastened leaf tea into your kettle, fairly than dropping in tea baggage. When it’s time to pour the tea, pour it by way of a nice mesh strainer, sieve, or tea strainer you probably have one. It’s also possible to use a tea infuser for a fair simpler methodology.
HOW TO MAKE A LONDON FOG
- Make the Tea. Place water in a tea kettle and produce it simply to a boil. Then flip off the warmth, drop the tea bag into the new water, cowl, and let stand 5 to eight minutes.
- Sweeten and Warmth the Milk. Whereas the water is boiling and the tea is steeping, place milk in a heat-resistant mug and stir within the brown sugar and vanilla. Warmth up the milk within the microwave for about 1 minute, or till scorching however not boiling. (It’s also possible to warmth up the milk in a saucepan set over medium-high warmth.)
- Froth the Milk. To froth the milk, you’ll need a milk-frother or a French press. Utilizing a frother, froth the milk for 2 minutes, or till foamy. To make use of a French press, add the milk to the French press and pump the plunger till milk is doubled and frothy.
- Assemble the London Fog. Pour the new tea into 2 heat-resistant glass mugs. Slowly pour within the milk, holding again the froth with a protracted spoon; then spoon the froth on prime. Should you like, you possibly can garnish with earl grey dry tea leaves. Simply open up a tea bag and sprinkle among the tea leaves on prime of the London Fog.
- Take pleasure in!
TIPS FOR THE BEST LONDON FOG LATTE
- Utilizing Vegan Milk: Frothing milk alternate options might not have as thick and creamy a consequence as you’d like. (Though this oat milk froths fairly nicely.)
- Prime with Whipped Cream or Coconut Cream: If you want, you possibly can prime your London Fog with a couple of tablespoons of sweetened whipped cream or, for a vegan possibility, whipped coconut cream. Each makes this drink additional indulgent!
- Further Tea: If you need the tea style to return by way of extra strongly, strive utilizing two teabags’ value of Earl Gray to the identical quantity of water.
- Leftover Espresso Warning: Should you do use a French press to froth the milk, be sure you wash it nicely first to take away any lingering espresso taste and grounds.
- Cookies: I really like serving tea with a plate of crisp, gentle cookies. These Salted Caramel Thumbprint Cookies have a ravishing texture, whereas the nice and cozy flavors of chocolate and caramel distinction completely with the intense and creamy London Fog.
- Cake: These little Neapolitan Cakelettes are the right deal with so as to add some shade and lightweight to a dreary day. They’re simply so enjoyable, and the traditional Neapolitan triple taste goes with absolutely anything!
- Sandwiches: A platter of fairly sandwiches generally is a snack or perhaps a gentle lunch, excellent for tea or for tea lattes! You’ll love the intense colours and recent flavors of my Strawberry Jam Cheese Wedges and Tea Sandwiches.
Extra Starbucks Copycat Latte Recipes
- Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte
- Eggnog Latte
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
Read more: How to get tea stains off your teeth