Low Carb Chicken Parmesan with a crispy Keto coating tastes just like a classic Parmigiana without the carb-loaded guilt!
Miss your beloved Chicken Parmigiana? Smothered in a rich homemade tomato sauce and melted mozzarella cheese, there’s no doubt you’ll be adding this Low Carb Chicken Parmesan recipe back into your Keto diet! Air fryer method included!
LOW CARB CHICKEN PARMESAN
Using our Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe to make one hell of a parma for those of us TRYING to stick to our diets and possibly failing because the craving for ‘normal’ food is too real. If this speaks to you…YOU’RE WELCOME! Because sometimes you just want a golden, crispy crust coating your chicken…and when that craving hits, even this no breading recipe just doesn’t cut it!
Normally, recipes for a low carb crust contain coconut flour, pork rinds or some kind of nut meal. I found the best tasting crumb for this low carb chicken parmesan recipe is a mixture of almond flour and parmesan cheese.
HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB CHICKEN PARMESAN
Golden cheesy crust + rich tomato sauce + melted cheese = the Keto answer to your parma loving, gluten free prayers!
Just like a classic chicken Parma recipe, skinless and boneless chicken breasts are dipped in a flavourful egg wash for the ultimate taste explosion before being coated in a Parmesan crumb mixture. This low carb version may have a few steps, but the end result is so worth it:
- Season to start the flavour-romance: I use Italian seasoning but you can use whatever you have — just make sure you love it.
- Dip in a garlicky egg wash: fresh garlic is best but you CAN sub with garlic powder. Use 1 teaspoon.
- Coat in parmesan/almond flour mixture.
- Fry to crispy, golden heaven for 4 minutes each side. Cook in an olive oil/butter mixture. You can use either or both together as we always do. I find the butter/oil mixture yields perfect golden-crust results.
- Cook sauce.
- Spread half of the sauce in your baking dish.
- Arrange chicken over sauce, top with more sauce, sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil (or grill for us Aussies!)
With our low carb chicken parmesan, you have the option of using your favourite marinara sauce OR cooking up our homemade tomato sauce.
Since you’re cooking chicken breasts coated with parmesan cheese, you need to use a non-stick frying pan (or skillet). Please don’t use any other pan as the chicken may stick to it and ruin your dinner.
To check if your chicken is golden on the underside, give it a gentle push with a spatula after 3 minutes of cooking. If it moves or slides in the grease, use nonstick tongs to lift a corner of the breast to check. If golden, flip and cook until done all the way through.
WHAT DO YOU EAT WITH LOW CARB CHICKEN PARMESAN?
Buttery cauliflower mash, zucchini noodles, creamy broccoli, garlic mushrooms, cauliflower rice, sautéed green beans, steamed veggies or roasted veggies.
AIR FRYER CHICKEN PARMESAN
You CAN totally air fry your chicken!
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Spray crumbed chicken all over with olive oil spray.
- Place two chicken breasts in air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook for 7 minutes.
MORE KETO RECIPES
Creamy Tuscan Chicken Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi Pork Chops With Creamy Mushroom Sauce Steak & Shrimp (Surf and Turf) Spinach Stuffed Salmon