Egg mayo sandwich recipe – Quick and easy egg salad sandwich with easy ideas for mayo substitute. This egg mayo sandwich is surely a time saver in the busy mornings. Your Breakfast sandwich will be ready in minutes and it tastes delicious. There are not many ways this sandwich is made except for the seasoning and flavoring ingredients which can be altered to suit your liking.
Usually egg mayo sandwich is made without much flavoring, herbs etc. That’s a bit bland for our taste buds, so I use some herbs, garlic, pepper & chili flakes which really enhances the taste and flavor.
It is good to consume these sandwiches within 2 hours of preparing as the eggs and mayo are unsafe for consumption after 2 hours unless refrigerated.
These egg salad sandwiches are also great for evening snack or meal along with some tomato soup.
1. Boil eggs in pot or pressure cooker. Cool them and peel. I boil them in my instant pot for 7 minutes. Then let the pressure release naturally. I keep them in cold water for a while. Then peel them.
2. Chop the eggs to small bites without messing up the yolks much.
3. Add finely chopped onion, garlic, pepper, mustard powder or sauce, coriander or parsley and dried herbs if using. If you want to make your own mustard powder, just run a spoon full of seeds in a blender and make a fine powder.
Use about 1/8 tsp i.e 2 generous pinches. You can skip onions and garlic. You can also soak them in lemon juice for 20 mins and use. That helps to remove the pungent taste and flavor.
Read more: Good Food | Family Cuisine
4. Add mayo as desired. You can use as much as you like. If you do not eat mayo then add cream cheese or Greek yogurt.
5. Mix everything well. Add red chilli flakes. You can add very little salt if needed since mayo is already salted. Taste this and add lemon juice if desired.
How to make egg mayo sandwich
6. I prefer to toast the bread in preheated oven for 3 to 4 mins at 180 C. You can also toast on a griddle/ tawa or in a toaster. Spread the prepared egg mayo mixture on the bread.
Serve egg mayo sandwich within 2 hours or chill in refrigerator until used.
You may like to check these 35 Sandwich recipesVeg club sandwichFried egg sandwichChutney egg sandwichBread omelette sandwich