Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips are an easy sweet treat! Flour tortillas covered in melted butter and cinnamon sugar then baked until golden brown and crispy.
These Cinnamon Tortilla Chips are the perfect sweet treat for scooping up fresh Fruit Salsa all summer long. Together they make the best Appetizer Recipe for summer cookouts, Mexican dinner nights, and more.
Reading: how to make mexican dessert chips
CINNAMON SUGAR TORTILLA CHIPS
With just 4 simple ingredients and about 10 minutes in the oven, Cinnamon Tortilla Chips are one of the easiest desserts you’ll ever make. These sweet treats are perfect for simple appetizers, after school snacks, or late night munchies!
Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips are the best dessert for your next Taco Tuesday night. You’ll already have tortillas on hand for tacos so all you’ll need is ground cinnamon, sugar, and melted butter. Pop these Cinnamon Tortilla Chips in the oven while you’re eating dinner and by the time you’re done with round one, they are ready to eat.
Read more: how to make dessert heat rub seasoning
The prep for Cinnamon Tortilla Chips takes just a few minutes. Easily cut the flour tortillas with a a pizza cutter or stack them and use a really sharp chef’s knife. When you are tossing the tortilla wedges in the cinnamon sugar, use a bowl that has a lid.
Keep a cinnamon sugar mixture on hand for whenever you get a craving for Cinnamon Tortilla Chips. Cinnamon sugar can be kept room temperature for years, yes years! Ground cinnamon releases oils that plastic absorbs so store cinnamon sugar in a glass or ceramic airtight container.
Make a large batch of Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips to freeze for later. Eat them directly from the freezer or bring to room temperature on the counter. Lightly spray with cooking spray and pop in the oven for about 2-3 minutes to make them crispy and crunchy again.
You can serve these Cinnamon Tortilla Chips with all your dessert dips (try them with Funfetti Dip!), as an ice cream topping, with a holiday dessert salad, or just eat them on their own. They are so easy to make that you can bake a huge batch of Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips for a sharable party dessert like Cinnamon Tortilla Chip Dessert Nachos (below).
Cinnamon Tortilla Chip Dessert Nachos
Spread out baked Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips on a large platter in a single, slightly overlapping layer. Soften Vanilla Ice Cream so it won’t break the chips. Cover Cinnamon Tortilla Chips with small scoops of ice cream, chopped fruit and berries (or Strawberry Topping) and drizzle with Hot Fudge or chocolate sauce. Top with Whipped Cream and enjoy!
Read more: how to make thai dessert ball
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CINNAMON TORTILLA CHIPS
VARIATIONS ON CINNAMON TORTILLA CHIPS
- Pumpkin Spice: Use Pumpkin Pie Spice instead of ground cinnamon for your cinnamon sugar mixture for Pumpkin Spice Tortilla Chips in the fall!
- Chocolate: Instead of cinnamon sugar, dust the tortillas with hot cocoa mix. Add a bit of granulated sugar for super sweet chocolate tortilla chips or use a flavored hot chocolate mix!
- Vegan: Easily make Vegan Cinnamon Tortilla Chips. Brush them with olive oil, use cooking spray, or use your favorite vegan butter.
- Tortillas: You can use corn tortillas, wheat tortillas, or even pita bread instead of flour tortillas. Use street taco corn tortillas large chips you don’t need to cut.
MORE FUN DESSERT RECIPES
HOW TO STORE CINNAMON TORTILLA CHIPS
- Serve: You can store Cinnamon Tortilla Chips at room temperature for up to 2 days in an airtight container.
- Store: Keep your Cinnamon Tortilla Chips in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the oven with a bit of cooking spray to make crispy again.
- Freeze: Cinnamon Tortilla Chips can be frozen for up to 3 months in an airtight container or freezer safe bag. Allow to cool completely before freezing.
Read more: how to make chocolate cherry fluff dessert