This flavorful Recent Mint Tea is straightforward to make and ideal after meals. So seize a handful of mint, water, and a few honey – let’s brew tea!
Earlier than I lived within the Netherlands, I anticipated my Dutch weight loss plan to contain copious quantities of stroopwafels and cheese. And whereas this turned out to be true, there was one Dutch speciality that I didn’t anticipate to fall in love with as arduous as I did. Recent mint tea!
In The Netherlands, contemporary mint tea is on nearly each restaurant menu as a scorching drink to have after consuming. Its refreshing taste cleanses your palate and helps calm your stomach after an enormous meal!
Read more: How to dry hibiscus flower for tea
The recipe is so easy that I nearly didn’t even submit it. However after being again within the states for just a few weeks and lacking my favourite tea, I assumed I higher whip myself up a batch (or 10, due to mother’s exploding mint backyard).
So in case you’re additionally drowning in mint – or simply need to strive a brand new after dinner drink – you’ve obtained to do this contemporary mint tea!
Substances for contemporary mint tea
- Mint: Recent mint is a should! Spearmint and pepper mint each work properly.
- Water: Convey water to a boil on the range or in a kettle.
- Honey (Elective): For a barely sweeter tea, serve it with a drizzle of honey blended in!
How you can Make Recent Mint Tea
Step 1: Boil WaterSomewhat than boiling water on the range, which takes eternally and makes use of loads of electrical energy, I’m an enormous fan of utilizing a scorching water kettle for this! Merely convey your water to a boil then pour it into your serving glasses.
Read more: recipe for smoothies to lose weight
Step 2: Add MintBriefly roll the sprigs of mint between your fingers to assist launch the oils, then add 1 or 2 sprigs to every glass. Let steep for 3 to five minutes.
Step 3: ServeOptionally drizzle in a little bit honey, stirring to dissolve. Optionally garnish with a slice of lemon and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Recent vs. Dried Mint
Whereas you may make tea from dried mint leaves, I choose contemporary mint tea by far. Recent mint has a vibrant, contemporary taste that outshines the uninteresting, muted dried leaves.
Additional Taste Choices
Mint tea could be flavored to swimsuit no matter you’re within the temper for! Listed below are just a few enjoyable additons to strive:
Read more: High Protein Blueberry Kale Smoothie
- Add inexperienced tea: That is in any other case often called Moroccan-style mint tea, and has each inexperienced tea and contemporary mint!
- Add black tea: Equally, you may add contemporary mint leaves to scorching black tea.
- Add lemon: Including a squeeze of contemporary lemon juice simply earlier than serving makes this tea further vibrant and tart.
- Make it iced: Make this mint tea as instructed, then refrigerate earlier than serving over ice.