What I love about this recipe:
- Frozen banana: I usually always add a frozen banana because it makes it thicker and almost creamier.
- Secret ingredient: The secret ingredient to this recipe is adding a little bit of powdered sugar. It adds a fluffy, smooth texture and taste that sends this drink over the top!
- Adaptable: I love the traditional version, but I love adding whatever fruit I have on hand to mix things up as well (see variations below).
- Frozen orange juice concentrate
- Powdered Sugar
- Ice Cubes
- Frozen Banana (optional)
- Orange Zest (optional)
How to make orange Julius in two steps:
1. Add to blender: milk, water, orange juice concentrate, powdered sugar, vanilla and ice.
Reading: how to make orange julius smoothies
2. Blend all the ingredients until smooth. I like to add a frozen banana and orange zest as well.
- Add other frozen fruit: Add frozen strawberries, pineapple, etc either in place of the banana or in addition.
- Strawberry orange Julius: Add 1 ½ cup of fresh or frozen strawberries in place if the banana.
- Pineapple orange Julius: Add 1 cup fresh or frozen pineapple.
- Triple Berry Orange Julius: Add 1 ½ cups of fresh or frozen mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- Mango Orange Julius: Add mango from 1 whole mango or 1 cup frozen mango.
- Vegan orange Julius: substitute almond milk or other non dairy milk.
*I originally shared this recipe in February 2014. Updated March 2020.
Read more: How to make pu erh tea taste better