Pasta soup recipe – This comforting & delicious vegetable pasta soup is super quick to make any time. Serve this alongside some toasted garlic bread or a fried egg. I am sure it will be your new family favorite especially for those chilly or monsoon dinners.
This recipe doesn’t really need a lot of ingredients and you can just use your pantry staples. I haven’t made it spicy or hot but feel free to add in lots of ground pepper for that extra heat.
Reading: how to make pasta with red sauce
You can experiment with some red chili powder or paprika for a spicier pasta soup.
If making for dinner I usually roast some boiled eggs along with this soup.
You can use vegetables like potato, corn, carrots, beans and peas. I have experimented with other veggies like broccoli, mushrooms, sweet potato, cabbage and cauliflower which did not go well for us. You may experiment with the choice of your veggies.
For this recipe, I have used macaroni. You can use any kind of pasta here – spaghetti, penne, fusilli etc. I make this with macaroni since my younger kid still cannot handle other kinds.
If you have a toddler at home I suggest using elbow pasta or macaroni.
1. Pour 6 cups of water to a large pot and bring it to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain and rinse them well in a colander.
How to make pasta soup recipe
2. Add butter to a hot pot.
3. Saute garlic until it smells good.
4. Saute the veggies along with garlic for 3 mins. I did not have potatoes so didn’t use, but I suggest using since they help to slightly thicken the soup. You can also use corn.
5. Puree tomatoes and add them to the pot. This step is optional. I used since there was no lemon at home. I usually add lemon juice to the warm soup just before serving.
6. Cook for 3 to 4 mins. I prefer to do this on a high flame until the tomatoes dry up.
7. Pour 2 cups of water.
8. Simmer covered with a small vent open to let out the steam. Cooking on a low heat makes the soup tasty.
9. Once the veggies are tender, add the cooked pasta and stir. Add more water if needed to suit your consistency.
10. Cook for 2 to 3 mins.
11. Add pepper.
12. Add oregano.
Serve hot or warm with spicy roasted boiled eggs or toasted bread.
More pasta recipesWhite sauce pastaPasta payasamChicken pastaRed sauce pastaMasala pasta
You can also serve withGarlic cheese toastCapsicum cheese toastFrench toastEgg in a holeegg bread toast
Pasta soup recipe