Cashew Chicken Stir Fry is full of sautéed chicken, veggies and crunchy cashews, all coated in a simple savory sauce. No need to order take out when you can make your own at home! Serve this easy cashew recipe over fluffy rice or noodles.
Take Out at Home
I love a good chicken stir fry and one of my favorite take out dishes is this cashew chicken recipe! I decided it was time to learn to make it at home, and my version is cheaper, healthier and tastes better than what you’d order at a restaurant.
First, let’s talk about the veggies. I make this recipe with a combination of onions, zucchini, and mushrooms. You can make cashew chicken with other veggies too like
- green or red bell peppers
- water chestnuts
Cook the vegetables until tender crisp (so they aren’t soggy) and then the chicken goes into the pan.
How to Make Cashew Chicken Stir Fry
- Chicken: I use boneless skinless chicken breasts for this easy chicken stir fry, which I cut into 1-inch pieces. You could also use boneless skinless chicken thighs like I do in Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry. The chicken is cooked until golden brown, then the chicken and veggies are coated in an easy sauce.
- Sauce: You probably have most of the ingredients for the sauce in your pantry already. The exception might be the hoisin sauce, which is available in most grocery stores in the ethnic foods section.
- Toppings: Cashew Chicken is great topped with green onions, cilantro, fresh crisp bean sprouts.
- Rice: Put a pot of rice on the stove to cook at the same time you start the chicken stir fry. Everything should be ready at the same time!
More Great Stir Fry Recipes
- Stir Fry Veggies – A great side dish for any meal!
- Easy Pepper Chicken Stir Fry
- Beef and Broccoli – Classic take out combo!
- Easy Pepper Steak
- Shrimp Stir Fry with Zucchini Noodles – Loaded with fresh veggies!
- Easy Mongolian Beef – Reader favorite, this recipe is so easy and so good!
- Kung Pao Chicken
I add the cashews to this stir fry at the very end so that they stay crunchy. I typically use unsalted or low sodium roasted cashews; if you use salted cashews it could make the finished dish overly salty.
Next time you’re about to pick up the phone to order take out, try making it at home instead! This cashew chicken stir fry is easy, simple to make and totally delicious.
Other Recipes You’ll Love:
- Easy Chicken Curry
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Honey Garlic Chicken
- Teriyaki Shrimp Stir Fry
- Sweet Garlic Chicken