A easy recipe for raspberry cake filling. At this time’s recipe is simple and may be made on the stovetop with contemporary or frozen raspberries.
Reading: how to make raspberry cake filling
A fast and straightforward recipe to begin off the week.
I wasn’t initially going to make a standalone put up for raspberry cake filling, I truly developed it as a part of Thursday’s recipe. However sufficient individuals have requested me for cake fillings that I believed it’d take advantage of sense to provide this recipe its personal put up, and right here we’re.
Candy, tart, and easy, you possibly can put together your individual filling in quarter-hour (simply take into account you’ll want about an hour to let it cool utterly). This recipe is nice for filling a normal 2-layer cake or 12 of your favourite cupcakes.
What You Want
- Raspberries. Recent or frozen will work. I tend to desire frozen when making raspberry cake filling as a result of they’re by no means out of season and so they’re typically cheaper.
- Sugar. Essential to correctly thicken the filling and to maintain it from being too tart. Common granulated or caster sugar will work.
- Corn Starch. Additionally key for a filling that’s not too runny.
- Water. Only a splash helps the whole lot to mix properly and retains the berries from burning on the underside of your pan earlier than they’ve an opportunity to launch their juices.
- Lemon juice. Non-compulsory, however I prefer it for one of the best taste. Recent is nice, however bottled will work simply advantageous.
- Whisk collectively your sugar and cornstarch first, earlier than including every other elements. Whisk properly. It will stop any cornstarch clumps in your raspberry cake filling.
- Preserve stovetop warmth on medium. In the event you begin out with warmth that’s too excessive, the berries will burn and also you’ll have a thick paste OR the sugar gained’t soften correctly and your filling gained’t obtain the right consistency.
- Why no vanilla? I don’t like so as to add vanilla extract to my filling as a result of I discover it takes away from the tart, contemporary style of the raspberries and provides the entire thing a form of… candied? taste. In the event you’re determined so as to add vanilla, a small splash (¼ teaspoon) after cooking the combination could be my most beneficiant advice.
Read more: can you make cake in an air fryer
How you can Retailer
Retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as per week. If the filling is simply too agency to simply unfold while you go to make use of it, you possibly can briefly (5 seconds at a time) stir it till the consistency is spreadable. Don’t warmth it a lot that it’s runny!
How you can Use For Filling a Cake
This recipe will fill a normal 2 layer 8″ or 9″ spherical cake. It may be doubled and even tripled for bigger truffles or truffles with extra layers, although typically I discover I would like so as to add a bit extra water when cooking extra berries.
At all times enable your cake and your filling to chill utterly earlier than assembling. I strongly advocate utilizing a sturdy frosting dam across the border of your first layer of cake (Swiss meringue buttercream, buttercream frosting, and my cream cheese frosting are all nice sturdy adorning choices). It will maintain your cake from sliding and can maintain the filling from oozing out the edges.
The picture beneath is definitely a photograph from my strawberry cake however the identical precise approach applies and I believed the visible is perhaps useful.
I’ll be utilizing at this time’s recipe to make petit fours for Thursday’s put up, so if you wish to whip up a batch at this time you possibly can retailer it within the fridge till then! Trace: you’ll additionally want a batch of my lemon curd!
How you can Use For Cupcakes:
Read more: How to make a crown cake
My most well-liked methodology for filling cupcakes with raspberry cake filling is to carve a 1″ broad, 1″ deep gap into the floor of a totally cooled cupcake. Take away the core you simply carved, slice off the underside saving a ¼″ thick floor. Fill your cupcakes after which change the reserved floor earlier than piping.
I exploit this system in my pinata cupcakes and gender reveal cupcakes (and you may watch me carve the gender reveal cupcakes within the video within the recipe card, it begins round 6:26). The filling I exploit there may be totally different however the identical idea for carving applies.
How Many Cupcakes will this fill?
You may fill 12 cupcakes with this recipe.
What If I Don’t Like Seeds?
Excellent news for you! You may remove some or the entire seeds out of your raspberry cake filling. To take action, instantly after cooking the filling on the saucepan, press the entire filling (or solely a part of the filling, for those who don’t thoughts some seeds) via a advantageous mesh strainer.
Use a spatula and it would be best to repeatedly press, stir, and press once more to squeeze as a lot of that valuable juice via the strainer as attainable. Understand that for those who pressure out the seeds you’ll have a lot much less filling than the recipe signifies, so for those who intend to do that I like to recommend doubling the recipe.
Use in Any Of These Recipes:
- White Cake
- Darkish Chocolate Cupcakes (I’d go along with a special frosting apart from the peanut butter that’s listed, possibly chocolate cream cheese frosting as an alternative!)
- Chocolate Cake
- Vanilla Cake
- Coconut Cake
Make sure you watch the video within the recipe card earlier than starting, and please depart me a remark for those who strive the recipe!
Read more: how to make a bust cake