Here are the hottest how to make sabrett onion sauce topics edited and compiled by familycuisine.net
Walking the streets of Manhattan you see the Sabretts pushcarts everywhere. While these may not be in your town, you can make their special onions in sauce topping for hotdogs with this copycat recipe.
Walking the streets of Manhattan, you see the Sabrett’s pushcarts everywhere. While these may not be in your town, you can make Sabrett’s special onions in sauce topping for hot dogs with this copycat Sabrett onion sauce recipe.
Sabrett’s onions in sauce has a delightful tang – rich tomato flavor, a little sweetness, and a slight kick of heat. It’s a delicious hot dog topping. You can buy this onion sauce in a jar, but it will never taste as good! Pre-made is never as good as homemade, don’t you agree?
Sabrett’s hot dogs are known as New York City’s number one hot dogs. Whenever you order one from a vendor cart under the distinctive blue and yellow umbrella, you will enjoy a wonderfully tasting all-beef hot dog contained in an all-natural casing. NYC just wouldn’t be the same without Sabrett! Plus, if you so desire, you can even have your own colorful Sabrett umbrella!
Sabrett’s onions in sauce has a delightful tang, a little sweetness, rich tomato flavor, and a slight kick of heat. It’s a delicious hot dog topping.
- Olive Oil
- Tomato Paste
- Corn Syrup
- Red Pepper Flakes
Chop and saute onions.
Add water, tomato paste, corn syrup, cornstarch, and salt. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
Add vinegar and simmer for an additional 30 to 45 minutes until the liquid is reduced and thickened.
Enjoy this delicious hot dog topping without having to get it on a pushcart in New York.
Best Hot Dog Toppings
Hot dogs are a perfect food. They don’t cost much and are nearly impossible to mess up. Everyone has their own idea about what they want on their hot dog. In fact, there are probably more foods that go well with hot dogs than foods that you would never put on hot dogs. Here are some of the most popular toppings and hot dog condiments:
- Mustard – Mustard is a classic topping. Go with good ol’ yellow ballpark mustard, brown, or Dijon.
- Ketchup – With its rich tomato taste, this is among the most popular hot dog toppings, especially when combined with mustard.
- Cheese – Cheese is a no-brainer. For something different, dress your dog up Seattle-style with cream cheese, but, honestly, any kind of cheese is going to taste good on a hot dog.
- Onions – Onions are another popular addition to hot dogs. They can be diced and served raw, but also sliced, fried, and caramelized. And, of course, there are Sabrett onions.
- Coleslaw – Coleslaw has become an American side dish staple. Coleslaw often accompanies hamburgers, sandwiches, and, of course, hot dogs.
- Sauerkraut – This fermented cabbage dish is popular on hot dogs because of its characteristically tangy and zesty flavor.
- Relish – Add a little sweetness with relish, a condiment made from pickled diced vegetables or fruit. Cucumbers and vinegar are the most common ingredients found in relish.
- Chili – Chili is a hot dog topping that must be cooked instead of simply cut or pickled. It can be made from beans, meat, or a combination. Chili dogs turn a regular dog into something special.
Love hot dogs? Try these recipes
- How to Cook Hot Dogs in the Air Fryer
- Oven Baked Hot Dogs
- Bacon Truffle Mac and Cheese Hot Dog
- Green Bean and Hot Dog Casserole
- Bourbon Hot Dogs
More Onion Recipes
- Fried Onion Petals
- How to Cook a Blooming Onion
- Hot French Onion Dip
- Italian Onion Soup
- Vidalia Onion Pie
- New Orleans French Onion Soup Recipe
- How to Store Chopped Onions
- Home Made Onion Rings
Be sure to check out the best copycat recipes and restaurant sauces.
Thanks for CarolynTLyons for sharing this recipe.