Easy Mozzarella Chicken is a low carb dream!
Seasoned chicken simmered in a homemade tomato sauce and topped with melted mozzarella cheese. The BEST Easy Mozzarella Chicken recipe that happens to be exactly what it claims to be… EASY! A 20-minute Low Carb Chicken Parmesan WITH NO BREADING! You don’t even MISS a crispy crumb on this chicken…it is SO good!
A step up from my original Mozzarella Chicken with a 3-ingredient sauce , this one is ten times better. It’s all about the homemade tomato sauce filled with so much flavour!
Chicken Parmesan — LOW CARB
Unlike my original recipe of using jarred pasta or marinara sauce on a rushing-to-get-dinner-on-the-table kind of day, this recipe uses a tomato sauce made from scratch. We are only adding 5 extra minutes of cooking time in this recipe, and honestly, it’s well worth it when you get a beautiful, rich sauce soaking into your chicken breasts to make them that much more succulent and tasty.
Read more: how to can hot fudge sauce | Family Cuisine
How To Make Mozzarella Chicken
You are 5 simple steps away form the BEST Mozzarella Chicken!
- Season chicken
- Sear then remove
- Make sauce in the same pan
- Add chicken back into the pan, top with cheese
- Broil (or grill for those of us Aussies!)
The secret totally lies in the 5 major ingredients in this sauce. So much better than store bought stuff!
- Onion (or a brown shallot)
- Garlic (because you know me by now)
- Fire roasted peppers (YES! They add an AMAZING flavour to this sauce! If you can’t get them, use sun dried tomatoes packed in oil — oil drained)
- Crushed tomatoes (fresh or canned — you can also use a tomato puree or Passata)
- Tomato paste — I use garlic and herb flavoured. Don’t skip this, it makes your sauce nice and thick.
- Pinch of red pepper flakes for a nice and subtle flavour bomb
Easy Chicken Recipe
The recipe includes broiling the cheese at the end for a nice crisp, golden and bubbling cheese result. If you don’t want to turn on your oven, you can throw a lid on your pan and allow the cheese to melt that way while simmering on the stove. I prefer broiling (our grilling for Aussies), because you can’t beat the result crispy melted mozzarella cheese!
After More Mozzarella Recipes?
Mozzarella Meatballs In Tomato Sauce (Cheesy Meatballs) Caprese Stuffed Balsamic Chicken Skillet Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Parmesan