schezwan sauce recipe | schezwan chutney recipe | szechuan sauce with detailed photo and video recipe. a popular indo chinese cuisine sauce prepared from red chilies and szechuan peppers which is typically used for indo chinese cuisine or as dip. the sauce usually has very strong flavour with high pungency and spiciness from generous use of garlic and chili peppers. schezwan sauce recipe | schezwan chutney recipe | szechuan sauce with step by step photo and video recipe. the schezwan sauce is originated from the szechuan cuisine which is originated from sichuan province in southwestern china. however it has a very strong influence to indian cuisine and especially to the modern indo chinese cuisine. more frequently schezwan chutney is used for schezwan fried rice but it can also be used as condiment and dips.
i have always been a huge fan of indo chinese recipes particularly the street food varieties it has to offer. i guess if you browse my blog you can realise it, and i have dedicated section for indo chinese cuisine recipes. i particularly love the spicy version of it and schezwan sauce or schezwan chutney has a special pace for it. i typically prepare it in bulk and use it for schezwan fried rice and schezwan fried noodles. further, i even use it as dip and condiment for snacks like nachos and even potato chips. moreover, i even sometimes use it on top of spring dosa’s and use it to prepare schezwan fried idli recipe.
Reading: how to make schezwan sauce at home
furthermore, i would like to discuss some tips and suggestions for chatpata schezwan sauce recipe. firstly, i have used red chillies with low to medium spice level, if you feel it is too hot to handle then deseed them and then prepare the chilli sauce. secondly, if you do not have access to red chillies, you can also use store bought chilli sauce to prepare schezwan chutney recipe. finally, store the prepared in a air tight container and scoop the required amount of szechuan sauce in a dry spoon.
finally, i would like to highlight my other sauce and dips recipes collection and also chutney recipes collection. it includes, tomato sauce, eggless mayo, pizza sauce, pasta sauce, mango chutney, onion chutney, peanut chutney, coconut chutney, green chutney and red chutney recipe. in addition do visit my other recipes collection from my blog like,
Read more: Creamy Dill Sauce | Family Cuisine
- street food recipes collection
- chaat recipes collection
- snacks recipes collection
schezwan sauce or schezwan chutney recipe:
recipe card for schezwan sauce or schezwan chutney:
how to make szechuan sauce with step by step photo:
- firstly, soak dried red chilli in hot water for 30 minutes or till they turn soft.
- discard the water and blend to smooth paste adding water if required. keep aside.
- now in a large kadai, heat ¼ cup oil.
- saute in ¼ cup garlic and 2 tbsp ginger for a minute for 2.
- furthermore, add in prepared red chilli paste.
- saute for 2 minutes, so that chilli gets cooked well.
- now add ¼ cup water and adjust consistency.
- cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- make sure to cook the sauce till oil floats on top.
- furthermore add in ½ tsp pepper, 2 tbsp vinegar, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp tomato sauce, 1 tbsp sugar and salt to taste.
- mix well making sure everything is combined well.
- finally, serve schezwan sauce as a dip with chips or fries.
- firstly, remove the seeds of chillis if they are too spicy.
- also adjust the amount of water depending on the consistency.
- additionally, adding pepper is completely optional. however they enhance the flavour.
- finally, store schezwan sauce in airtight container in refrigerator and use for more than a month.