- A good shrimp stir fry recipe is a must-have for our dinner rotation!
- What shrimp do you use for stir fry?
- What vegetables are good for shrimp stir fry?
- How can I make my shrimp stir fry easier?
- Save during Frozen Food Month!
- What ingredients are in shrimp stir fry?
- How do I make the best shrimp stir fry?
- What kind of rice is best for stir fry?
This post is sponsored by Smart & Final, who make it so easy to cook this shrimp stir fry recipe. All content is my own.
A good shrimp stir fry recipe is a must-have for our dinner rotation!
It’s great to have an easy meal to make on busy days that you know will feed the family in a healthy way!
An outrageously generous helping of shrimp makes this stir fry even yummier! Especially if you are a shrimp lover like me.
I used a whole pound of shrimp to make this stir fry stretch for a family of five. That way we could all have a good serving of stir fry with yummy sticky brown rice on the side.
How can such a healthy meal be so easy and yummy!?
What shrimp do you use for stir fry?
You can use fresh shrimp from your local deli or fish market or you can use frozen shrimp found in the frozen food section. They have a great section of good quality frozen shrimp at Smart & Final.
Stir fry is easiest to make with shrimp that has already been shelled and divined. That will save you a lot of prep time that it would take shelling and cleaning the shrimp.
What vegetables are good for shrimp stir fry?
It’s always great adding lots of color to your stir fry with red, green, and/or yellow bell peppers. You can add onions, garlic, broccoli, mini corn, carrots, zucchini, green beans, or whichever veggies you prefer.
How can I make my shrimp stir fry easier?
Make it easier with a stir fry mix and frozen shrimp. We use First Street Shrimp (Medium or Large) and Bird’s Eye Oriental Stir Fry Mix.
These make it so much easier to just throw it together on a busy night. I don’t have to worry about chopping veggies or shelling shrimp to make this meal for my family.
Save during Frozen Food Month!
Through April 2nd 2019 Smart & Final is celebrating Frozen Food Month.
Take advantage of Frozen Food Month by getting a $10 off coupon with purchase of participating frozen food items over $40.
Enter your receipt code for a chance to escape the cold and win a trip for two to Hawaii!
What ingredients are in shrimp stir fry?
- Half a bag of Birds Eye Oriental Stir Fry Mix (Found in the frozen food section at Smart & Final)
- 1 lb of frozen shrimp shelled and divined – medium or large (Also can be found in the frozen food section at Smart & Final)
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbs. minced garlic (I use pre-minced garlic to make this recipe easy for busy nights)
- 1 diced onion (I also use a pre-diced onion for this recipe to make it super easy)
- Your favorite stir fry sauce (The Birds Eye Oriental Stir Fry mix comes with a great stir fry sauce)
- 4 cups of cooked instant brown rice (I make mine in my pressure cooker 4 cups of rice 4 cups of water for 10 minutes in the instant pot!)
How do I make the best shrimp stir fry?
- Pre-cook your rice so it’s ready to serve with your stir fry. I like to make instant brown rice in my pressure cooker. 4 cups of rice and 4 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil and sesame oil for a few minutes
- Add in shrimp, stir fry mix, garlic, and onion
- Saute for about 20 minutes stirring occasionally until the shrimp has turned whiter and opaque.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Stir in your stir fry sauce and let it heat for another 5 minutes
- Serve with white or brown rice
What kind of rice is best for stir fry?
White or brown rice goes great with chicken or shrimp stir fry.
Cook your rice according to the package instructions or make it in the pressure cooker for a quick and easy side dish.
How do you use frozen food to make a quick and easy meal? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!