- How to make slow cooker spaghetti sauce:
- How long do I cook spaghetti sauce in the slow cooker?
- How do I make a thick spaghetti sauce?
- Can I use Italian sausage instead of ground beef?
- Can I add frozen meatballs instead of ground beef?
- Can I add uncooked noodles into the sauce in the slow cooker?
- Can I make this vegetarian?
- Can I add red wine?
- How should I serve Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce?
- More pasta night recipes:
Slow Cooker Spaghetti sauce is slow-cooked and full of vegetables and herbs; perfect over any shape of pasta.
We love pasta night at our house. When we aren’t making this classic spaghetti sauce in our crock pot, we have Pesto Mozzarella Chicken and pasta or Cajun Chicken Fettuccine.
How to make slow cooker spaghetti sauce:
You will need these ingredients:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 28 oz. diced tomatoes (two 14 oz. cans) do not drain
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ½ cup diced white onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- Set a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown and crumble the beef. Drain the fat.
- Add remaining ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir
How long do I cook spaghetti sauce in the slow cooker?
- Place the lid on the slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Stir and serve on desired noodles. I use bucatini noodles, they are a larger noodle with a hollow in the center and goes great with slow cooker spaghetti sauce.
How do I make a thick spaghetti sauce?
A small can of tomato paste is what I use thicken this spaghetti sauce. Do not forget to add it or you will have a watery sauce.
Can I use Italian sausage instead of ground beef?
- You can substitute one pound of Italian Sausage for the ground beef in this recipe.
- Cut the salt in half for the recipe in half if you use Italian sausage.
Can I add frozen meatballs instead of ground beef?
Use a 2 lb. bag of frozen meatballs if desired in place of the groung beef.
Can I add uncooked noodles into the sauce in the slow cooker?
DO NOT add uncooked noodles to the slow cooker. The slow cooker doesn’t get hot enough, fast enough to properly cook noodles. The noodles will turn out mushy.
Can I make this vegetarian?
- Add soy crumbles to this recipe instead of ground beef if desired.
- Or add chopped carrots, celery and mushrooms.
Can I add red wine?
Add a half cup of red wine at the beginning of the recipe if you would like a red wine flavored sauce. I like to use red blend when I’m cooking (and for drinking).
How should I serve Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce?
- Pour over cooked noodles. Standard spaghetti, angel hair or bucatini.
- Parmesan cheese
- Green salad and dressing
- Garlic bread
More pasta night recipes:
- Slow Cooker Baked Spaghetti
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce with Kielbasa
- Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken and Pasta
- Slow Cooker Southwestern Cheesy Chicken Pasta
- Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Spaghetti
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Penne
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tetrazinni
- Slow Cooker Zucchini Bolognese
Want to make more magic in your crockpot? Stay up to date and subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube.