- Asian Stir-Fried Mushrooms
- Asian Mushrooms Ingredients
- How To Stir Fry Mushrooms
- See The Recipe Card Below For How To Make Stir-Fried Asian Mushroom Recipe. Enjoy!
- How To Serve This Mushroom Stir Fry
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use canned mushrooms?
- How long does this recipe last?
- How do I tell if my mushrooms have gone bad?
- More Mushroom Recipes to Try!
Stir-Fried Asian Mushroom Recipe: A fabulous side dish, steak topper, or vegetarian main course! Low fat, low carb, and easy to love!
Reading: how to make stir fry mushrooms
Asian Stir-Fried Mushrooms
Let’s talk about Mushroom Stir Fry…
We have those days we enjoy spending extra time in the kitchen, making slow-cooked dinners with multiple components.
Then we all have those days we’d rather order pizza… Yet we sigh and step into the kitchen anyway to make a quick healthy meal.
Today’s Stir-Fried Asian Mushrooms are for those days you just don’t feel like cooking.
They take so little time and effort to make, but offer such a huge flavor, you’ll find you make this recipe again and again.
Asian Mushrooms Ingredients
To make this tasty Asian stir fry gather up these ingredients!
- Button Mushrooms – The main star of the recipe! I used button mushrooms for their simple earthy taste.
- Sesame Oil – A staple Asian ingredient to offer nutty flavor. You can find this at almost all grocery stores.
- Black Bean Garlic Sauce – Salty, spicy, and slightly sweet, this ingredient can be found on Amazon or at an Asian store.
- Honey – For its sweetness of course.
- Chili Garlic Sauce – Hot, tangy, and garlicky! The perfect complement to the sweetness.
- Sherry – You can play around with the amount here if you think the sherry will overwhelm everything else. Use either dry sherry or cooking sherry.
- Chopped Scallions – This is for garnish and taste.
How To Stir Fry Mushrooms
This mushroom recipe is super easy to make. Just follow these steps and you’ll have a tasty side dish or meal in no time.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sesame oil. Once hot, add the mushrooms and sauté until caramelization marks form, about 3-5 minutes. Stir regularly.
- Stir in the black bean sauce, honey, chili sauce, and sherry. Simmer until the liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Then sprinkle with chopped scallions and serve immediately.
See The Recipe Card Below For How To Make Stir-Fried Asian Mushroom Recipe. Enjoy!
How To Serve This Mushroom Stir Fry
Serve Asian Stir Fried Mushrooms as a side dish or topper for quick grilled steaks or chicken. Or serve them over rice for an easy vegetarian meal.
You can throw them in a buddha bowl with wilted greens and a fried egg, and even use them on hot sandwiches!
Asian Stir Fried Mushrooms are my new go-to mushroom recipe for fast dinners. The bold tantalizing flavor of earthy mushrooms, Asian black bean sauce, and chili paste hit the spot every time!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use canned mushrooms?
I like to use fresh mushrooms in most, if not all, of my mushroom recipes. However, if you have canned mushrooms or need to use canned mushrooms, make sure to drain the water from them and run them under some tap water before putting them in the pan to stir fry.
How long does this recipe last?
Cooked mushrooms can be stored in a fridge for up to about 7 to 10 days. The best way to keep these mushrooms properly in the fridge is in a shallow airtight container or even in a ziplock bag.
How do I tell if my mushrooms have gone bad?
Mushrooms that have lived past their limits in the fridge will start to develop a slick or even If they start to look slimy, or have a strong odor, they are past their prime and I would not suggest eating them.
More Mushroom Recipes to Try!
- Green Bean Mushroom Tart Recipe
- Chorizo Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- Steak and Mushroom Pizza with Spicy Mustard Recipe
- Creamy Wild Mushroom Soup Recipe
- Enchilada Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe from Lauren’s Latest
Share This Recipe With Friends!