This Ramen Stir Fry is a quick and easy flavor packed main meal or side dish made with everyday ramen noodles, crisp stir fried vegetables and a six ingredient sauce that will leave you licking your plate.
If you are looking for a heartier meal simply add a little stir fried chicken or beef to the mix! I honestly really enjoy the vegetable version of this colorful nutritious dish. I love to serve this for weekend lunches or for dinner with Sweet Pork Dumplings or Crab Rangoon.
Why this recipe works
- Everyone loves ramen noodles and when you add the delectable sauce it will be as good as your favorite Japanese or Chinese restaurant.
- This recipe is so easy to make that even the novice cook or hungry teenager can master it.
- The ingredient list is short with readily available ingredients many of which you may already have on hand. Use the regular ramen noodles that come in different flavor packets like chicken and pork just discard the seasoning packet.
How to make Ramen Stir Fry
Start by whisking the sauce ingredients together. Then cook your ramen noodles in boiling water and drain well. Now add a little oil to a skillet over medium high heat and cook the carrots, red peppers and broccoli until crisp tender. Then add the sauce and stir to coat the vegetables. Now add the ramen and stir to coat cooking for a couple of minutes. Finally top with chopped green onions and serve.
Recipe notes and helpful tips
- Do not overcook the ramen noodles or they get sticky and mushy. I am usually at at the stove at 2 minutes 45 seconds to make sure that they do not boil even 15 seconds too long.
- Feel free to swap out or substitute vegetables. Mushrooms, onions, napa cabbage, and snow peas are all delicious in this recipe.
- Use an oil with a high smoking point like canola or vegetable.
- Remember the key to good crisp tender stir fried vegetables is high heat for short periods of time.
- For a flavor bonus sprinkle with chopped peanuts or toasted sesame seeds.
- The sauce can be prepped up to 24 hours in advance and stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
Other stir fry recipes you will love!
- Garlic Shrimp Stir Fry
- Easy Basic Chicken Stir Fry
- Ginger Chicken Stir Fry
- Shrimp Fried Rice
- Stir Fried Green Beans with Ginger and Garlic
On the hunt for more delicious recipes? Follow Small Town Woman on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Read more: Sesame Ground Beef Stir Fry | Family Cuisine