If you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner you can’t go past this vegetable stir fry with noodles. Colourful vegetables are sautéed then mixed with a deliciously simple asian-inspired sauce. This healthy veggie stir fry can be made using ramen noodles or rice noodles, and will be on the table in under 20 minutes.
This Vegetable Stir Fry with Noodles is my go-to easy dinner when I can’t be bothered making anything else. Which if I’m being honest is multiple times a week.
You can use whatever vegetables you have on hand which is great, and I’m always trying new combinations as I clear out my crisper through the week.
I personally love to use ramen noodles for this, but you could use rice noodles just as easily. Just cook them according to packet instructions and mix through right at the end before serving.
Why you’ll love this recipe…
- Super fast
- Easy way to get your veggie serves
- An excuse to eat noodles
What kind of noodles do you use for stir fry?
There are countless types of noodles you can use in stir fries but my favourites would have to be either ramen noodles or rice noodles. Both are fairly “light” options, meaning you don’t finish the meal feeling bloated and bursting at the seams!
What should I put in my stir fry?
One of the great things about stir fries is that they are easily customisable to what you have on hand. I’ve included my suggestions for a vegetable mix that works well for this stir fry in the recipe below but really the skies the limit on what you can add. Here’s some veggie suggestions to pick and choose from:
- Capsicum / Bell Pepper
- Green Beans
- Green Cabbage
- Red Cabbage
- Snow Peas
- Frozen Peas
- Bok Choy
- Green Onions
- Frozen Corn
- Baby Corn
You could also easily add in some protein in the form of tofu, egg, chicken etc. I like to keep things light at dinner time so I generally don’t add anything else in, but when I eat this for lunch I bulk it out some more.
As I mentioned above, I’ve added a suggestion of a good vegetable mix for this stir fry below but feel free to mix and match your own mix.
Here’s what you’ll need to make the stir fry as is (full measurements are listed in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post)…
- Grapeseed Oil – OR you can use coconut oil or olive oil.
- Red Capsicum / Bell Pepper
- Green Cabbage
- Frozen Peas
- Dark Soy Sauce – OR you can use regular soy sauce instead. I personally prefer the dark soy sauce for a bolder flavour BUT both work well and it’s unnecessary to buy a bottle just for this recipe.
- Oyster Sauce – If you are wanting to keep this recipe vegetarian be sure to use a Vegetarian Oyster Sauce.
- Ramen or Rice Noodles
- Chilli Paste OR Sriracha – if you like a bit of a kick, I suggest adding a little chilli paste or sriracha (or the like) to the stir fry.
How to Make Vegetable Stir Fry with Noodles – Step by Step
Preheat oil in a wok on medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté for a minute or so until onion is softened.
Add the rest of the vegetables to the wok and sauté for a few minutes until the vegetables are softened.
Meanwhile, cook noodles to packet instructions, then drain and add to the wok.
Pour in soy and oyster sauce (and chilli or sriracha, if using) and mix altogether.
- This recipe can be scaled up or down easily. I regularly make this for one!
- Use the mix of veggies suggested or make your own combination – it all works.
- You may wish to add a little more soy / oyster sauce to taste.
- Add in a little chilli paste / sriracha if you like a kick.
- If you don’t like ramen / 2 minute noodles, use rice noodles instead and cook to packet instructions.
- Add in a protein like egg, tofu, chicken etc if you want to bulk it up.
MORE EASY MEATLESS DINNER RECIPES
- Sweet Potato, Chickpea and Spinach Curry
- Vegetarian Rice Paper Rolls
- Pea & Sweet Corn Fritters
- Spinach and Feta Pizza
- Vegetarian Three Bean Chili
- Roast Pumpkin Pizza
- Spaghetti with Garlic and Oil (Algio E Olio)
If you’ve made this Vegetable Stir Fry with Noodles I’d love to hear how you enjoyed it! Pop a comment and a star rating below!
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to keep up to date with more delicious recipes.