This Southern Candy Tea recipe is easy, candy, and scrumptious! It contains tried-and-true suggestions for learn how to make candy tea that everybody loves! Contains Candy Tea Focus!
There are such a lot of drinks which can be good to get pleasure from from lemonade, to strawberry lemonade, to our favourite limeade recipe. However there’s simply nothing like a glass of nice Southern candy tea.
Reading: How to make the best sweet tea
You probably have ever been lucky sufficient to get pleasure from an ice-cold glass of Southern candy tea, then pals, you’ll know what I’m speaking about once I say that there’s good tea after which there’s nice tea. My Grandmother Verdie made the very best candy tea that I’ve ever tasted. After years of watching and asking her one million questions, she taught me her secrets and techniques for learn how to make the very best candy tea. I haven’t appeared again since.
Southern Candy Tea Recipe
There are just a few suggestions and tips that you just’ll have to know for making this tea.
- Use tea specifically blended for iced tea. Southern candy tea is an iced tea, that means that it’s tea made to be served over ice. Some manufacturers which can be most popular for iced tea are Crimson Diamond, Luzianne, Lipton and Tetley. Search for markings on the bundle to say that it’s specifically made for iced tea.
- Don’t burn your tea. Right here’s what which means. You must convey your water to boil, take away it from the warmth after which add your tea baggage. This prevents the tea from burning and turning into bitter.
- Steeping issues. Permit your tea to steep for quarter-hour.
- Add somewhat baking soda. This may be controversial. However, hear me out. The baking soda prevents the tea from turning into cloudy and bitter. If you already know that you’ll be consuming a gallon of tea in sooner or later, you possibly can skip the baking soda. In the event you assume you’ll have some leftover to refrigerate, then undoubtedly attempt it with the baking soda. It makes all of the distinction.
Learn how to Make Southern Candy Tea
Candy Tea Components
- tea baggage
- baking soda (non-obligatory)
- Boil. Carry 1 quart of water to a boil in a medium saucepan or a tea kettle over medium warmth.
- Steep. Take away from the warmth and drop the tea baggage into the water. Permit the tea baggage to steep for quarter-hour.
- Sweeten. As your tea is steeping, add your sugar to your pitcher. Take away the tea baggage from the saucepan or kettle and press them in opposition to the aspect of the saucepan or kettle to press out as a lot of the tea as attainable earlier than discarding them. Pour half of the tea into the pitcher over the sugar. Stir to dissolve the sugar after which pour within the remaining tea.
- Stir within the baking soda after which fill the pitcher the remainder of the best way with contemporary, chilly water. Serve instantly or retailer within the fridge.
Learn how to Make Candy Tea Focus
Just like my lemonade focus, I like to make candy tea focus! The focus requires much less room in my fridge, is simpler to move when when touring, and is nice to make forward and hold available! My Grandmother Verdie would have LOVED this for her taking to reunions, church suppers and household dinners!
Read more: How to make tea from fresh leaves
Boil. Carry 1 quart of water to a boil in a medium saucepan set over medium warmth. Take away the pan from the warmth and drop in tea baggage.
Steep. Let steep for quarter-hour.
Sweeten. Add your sugar to a 1-quart, large-mouth Mason jar or comparable container. Take away the tea baggage, rigorously urgent the luggage in opposition to the aspect of the saucepan earlier than discarding. Pour somewhat of the tea into the Mason jar and stir to dissolve the sugar. Pour within the remaining tea.
Stir. Add within the baking soda and stir properly to mix.
Retailer. Tighten the lid onto the Mason jar and retailer within the fridge for as much as two weeks.
Learn how to Serve from Focus
Read more: How long to whiten teeth with baking soda
One recipe makes 16 particular person servings or is sufficient for a gallon of tea!
Single serving. Add ¼ cup of focus to a glass. Prime with ice and ¾ cup of chilly water. Stir to mix.
Gallon. Pour all the focus right into a gallon pitcher and fill with chilly water. Stir to mix.
Right here’s my Southern Candy Tea recipe. I hope you find it irresistible as a lot as my household at all times has.
Get pleasure from!Robyn xo
Read more: how to make blackberry juice recipe