This cabbage soup recipe is deeply flavorful, because of fragrant veggies and fire-roasted tomatoes. Pair it with good bread for a easy, nourishing meal.
Reading: how to make the cabbage soup
Cabbage Soup Recipe Components
Read more: how to make creamy butternut squash soup
Right here’s what you’ll have to make this straightforward cabbage soup:
- Cabbage, in fact! You’ll want one small inexperienced cabbage for this recipe, about 1 pound.
- Onion, carrots, and celery – This basic trio fills the soup with fragrant taste.
- Garlic and dried thyme – They add much more depth to the soup.
- Potatoes – They make the soup good and hearty.
- White beans – I usually use little navy beans on this recipe, however different white beans, reminiscent of cannellini beans, would work right here too.
- Diced fire-roasted tomatoes – Together with vegetable broth, they create the soup’s brothy, flavorful base.
- White wine vinegar – For tang.
- Further-virgin olive oil – It provides richness.
- And salt and pepper – To make all of the flavors pop!
Discover the whole recipe with measurements beneath.
Cabbage Soup Serving Ideas
Read more: how long to cook lentils in soup
Whenever you’re able to eat, ladle the cabbage soup into bowls, and garnish each with a sprinkle of recent parsley. Benefit from the soup by itself, with good crusty bread for sopping up the flavorful broth, or pair it with a sandwich or salad for a bigger meal. I like it with a basic grilled cheese or this Candy Potato Salad.
Leftover cabbage soup will maintain within the fridge for as much as 4 days, and it additionally freezes properly. Permit it to chill fully earlier than transferring it to hermetic containers and storing it within the freezer. Frozen cabbage soup will maintain for as much as 3 months.
Extra Favourite Soup Recipes
Should you love this soup, attempt considered one of these scrumptious soup recipes subsequent:
Read more: how to make quick and easy potato soup
- Many-Veggie Vegetable Soup
- Tortellini Soup
- Cauliflower Soup
- Greatest Lentil Soup
- Creamy Asparagus Soup
- Tomato Basil Soup
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Or any of those 30 Greatest Soup Recipes!