We recently discussed why tomato juice tastes better on a plane. But what if you’re not 30,000ft up in the air? What can you do if you want the benefits of tomato juice, but don’t really like the taste?
Here are a few tips to help make your toms taste tastier!
Reading: how to make v8 juice taste better
Sweeten things up
Tomato juice naturally contains sugar, but if you want a little more sweetness in your drink, adding a little extra sugar is a great place to start.
Alternatively, you can improve the taste of tomato juice by mixing the juice of other fruits. This also give you a boost in nutrition as well as taste.
Sweet & Simple Tomato Juice
- Mix apple, carrot or grape juice into prepared tomato juice
- Use 1 part fruit juice for every 3 parts tomato juice you use
Spice up your life!
If you’d prefer to spice up the taste of your tomato juice, combine sauces such as Worcestershire, Tabasco or similar hot sauce. Hot sauces are a classic combo with tomato juice. The spicy kick gives it a distinct, exciting taste.
Use approximately 1 1/2 teaspoons of sauce for every litre of tomato juice, but you can add more or less depending on your preference.
If you want to go super spicy, combine red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to add extra zing!
You can use non-spicy herbs to make tomato juice taste more savoury. There are loads of options when it comes to herbs, so explore your options and see what you like!
All it takes is a pinch of coriander, basil, ground salt, pepper, or cumin. The choice is yours!
Fresh & Flavourful
If sweet or spicy aren’t to your taste, perhaps you’ll enjoy a tomato juice mix that tastes fresh and flavourful. Enjoy a glass of fresh flavours and get a real taste of your garden with a combination of celery, onion and tomato.
Read more: How to put pictures on a coffee mug
Fresh Taste Tomato Juice
- Add vegetables such as celery and onion while preparing tomato juice for a filling and flavourful drink
- Chop a handful of celery stalks and one onion along with the tomatoes.
- Parboil in a saucepan with a little water on medium heat
- Discard the water and juice the parboiled vegetables in a blender for three minutes
- Strain the juice through a kitchen strainer to extract any seeds, peeling and large bits of vegetable
- Chill the strained juice in the refrigerator before serving
The perfect brunch beverage, this delicious classic cocktail is a great accompaniment to spending time with friends or family. This classic blend of tomato juice, vodka and flavoursome spices is a crowd pleaser served either by the glass or the pitcher. This classic combination of flavours adds a richness and complexity you just don’t find in traditional festive fare.
2 – 3 ice cubes 240ml tomato juice 50ml vodka (skip the vodka for a virgin Bloody Mary) 1 tbsp lemon juice 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce 1 pinch of salt and ground black pepper 1 splash hot chilli sauce 1 celery stalk
- Place ice into a tall glass with the vodka.
- Add the tomato juice, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and chilli sauce then stir well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish with celery.
The easy way
Alternatively, you can swap out the tomato juice for the great taste of V8 and enjoy a classic V8 Bloody Mary!
If you aren’t a fan of tomato juice, but want the veggie goodness, why not try V8 Juice? Our unique blend of 8 vegetables starts with classic tomato juice and combines a diverse range of flavours to create a timeless taste that can’t be beaten!
The best way to enjoy tomato juice is the V8 way!
Read more: How long to steep green tea bags